The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

ssmb
Steve Schmidt
Lee's Summit, MO
(2 posts)

09/10/2009 10:57AM

Main British Car:
59 AH 3000, 70 TR GT6 (racecar)

re:introduce yourself
Posted by: ssmb
Date: September 10, 2009 12:16PM

Hi everyone. My name is Steve Schmidt and I live in Lee's Summit, Missouri. My son in law and I are in the very early stages of restoring my AH 3000 and putting a Ford 302 in it. The car was my first race car, and has been in storage since 1976. Luckily, SCCA rules of that era didn't allow much in the way of modification, so the car was never chopped up too much.
I'm sure as the project progresses we will have lots of questions for everyone.

Bill Young
Bill Young
Kansas City, MO
(1337 posts)

10/23/2007 09:23AM

Main British Car:
'73 MG Midget V6 , '59 MGA I6 2.8 GM, 4.0 Jeep

authors avatar
Re: re:introduce yourself
Posted by: Bill Young
Date: September 10, 2009 12:37PM

Welcome to the world of modified British cars Steve. There is a good Austin Healey club here in KC with one member who has a small block Chevy in his so you're in good company. PM me if you want any connections.

Phillip G
Phillip Leonard
Kansas City
(395 posts)

02/03/2008 04:12PM

Main British Car:
1992 MG RV8 Rover 3.5

Re: another metro area KC Brit V8 fanatic
Posted by: Phillip G
Date: October 01, 2009 10:32AM

Hello Steve Schmidt,

Nice to find another British car V8 fanatic here in Kansas City. I reside in Merriam, KS - just across the state line from you and I, too, am a British V8 fanatic. In my case, I favor the MGB and am presently putting a Rover V8 into a B look-a-like (same chassis) - the MG RV8. My project is nearly complete. How far along are you on your Austin Healey V8 project ? I hope to see your V8 Healey someday.

r'grds,

Phillip G

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.