The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

mcce
Mike Masters
Woodstock, Ga
(7 posts)

10/18/2007 12:32PM

Main British Car:

authors avatar
Good News: Folks around the World are Flocking to BV8 Forum ;-)
Posted by: mcce
Date: February 03, 2008 03:31PM

Folks!

I have been monitoring my web statistics-- Folks around the World are Flocking to BV8 Forum!

Lets give Curtis a Pat on the Back for such a Good Job!

Cheers!
Mike

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: Good News: Folks around the World are Flocking to BV8 Forum ;-)
Posted by: Moderator
Date: February 06, 2008 03:11PM

Thank you Mike! I really appreciate your enthusiasm and support.

The success of British V8 is due to the efforts of many, many different people and vendors too - both current and those who've worked to build British V8 up over the last 15+ years. Please everyone - keep telling your friends about British V8!

---

Hey! I tabulated some new "British V8" visitor statistics the other night...

(1) For the month of January 2008, we averaged 2145 website visitors per day!

(2) Over those 31 days, our visitors downloaded 191,050 HTML pages... that's 6163 per day.

(3) In the month of January, 14717 uniquely different "keyword combinations" brought British V8 visitors from the major search engines (e.g. Google, Yahoo, etc.) This number is particularly interesting to me because it reflects the fact that we have a very large and diverse library of technical articles, AND the search engines are doing a better and better job of "indexing" our technical content, so this number grows every month.

(4) It looks like in January we had visitors from about 120 different countries, although the exact number is hard to know for various reasons. For certain, Mike is absolutely correct that we're reaching an increasingly broad and diverse spectrum of readers. I can tell that from e-mails and from some of the cool articles that are being submitted from far afield. For example, I just recieved this from Peter van de Velde, of Holland: [www.britishv8.org]

Peter's MGB V8... in Helmond Holland
PeterVanDeVelde-A.jpg
(I can't help it... I think every message thread is improved with a pretty car photo!)

Mr. T
Tony Andrews
Kent Island, Maryland
(153 posts)

10/23/2007 03:59PM

Main British Car:
'75 mgb, '74 grille, morspeed bumpers Rover 3.9

authors avatar
Re: Good News: Folks around the World are Flocking to BV8 Forum ;-)
Posted by: Mr. T
Date: February 06, 2008 06:36PM

Jeez! That's impressive Curtis - who would a thunk.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.