The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

74ls1tr6
Calvin Grannis
Elk Grove,CA
(1151 posts)

11/10/2007 10:05AM

Main British Car:
74 TR6 / 71 MGB GT TR6/Ls1 71 MGB GT/Ls1

authors avatar
Has anyone used Google Earth and typed their address in?
Posted by: 74ls1tr6
Date: February 17, 2008 12:56PM

Wow!

I can see my pool spa and what cars are home! Hmmm....it would be scary in real time. I also used this to see where the WI meet was held, pretty cool I must say!. Google Earth is a simple download for free. It was a link from my GPS unit in the software.

Calvin

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4576 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: Has anyone used Google Earth and typed their address in?
Posted by: Moderator
Date: February 17, 2008 02:54PM

The view of my street was several years old, last time I checked.

I used Google Earth when researching Abingdon England for an article about the old MG factory. I wish I had used it BEFORE actually going to Abingdon though, because it revealed things that I missed in person, like what's left of the old MG crash-test barrier and also old, overgrown WWII air-defence bunkers along the road-test route. The detail is amazing! You can count the hogs on the hog farms along the road test route. I printed out one screen and used it to create a more accurate map of the road test route.

Simon Austin
Simon Austin
Surrey, British Columbia
(107 posts)

10/23/2007 01:44AM

Main British Car:
1977 MGB V8 / 1970 MGB GT V8 project Rover 3.5 / Rover 3.5

Re: Has anyone used Google Earth and typed their address in?
Posted by: Simon Austin
Date: February 18, 2008 02:29AM

Another cool place to see from space is the old Brooklands racetrack. You can make out the outline of the original track and still see the airfield where Vicker's had a factory.

Saw the place for real back in '99. Definately a must-see if anyone gets a chance.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.