The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
the ultimate road trip...
Posted by: Moderator
Date: May 16, 2008 08:44PM

We have a program that logs and tracks all the links that refer visitors to British V8. Our software also tracks websites that link to our photos. Generally, links are a very good thing because they introduce new people to our hobby and also because they help us score points with Google. Sometimes, when I'm taking a coffeebreak, I like to trace back and "see what people are saying" about British V8 and the cars we feature.

Check out this interesting example: the sportscarforums.com message board
(scroll down to see a nice picture of Carl Floyd's, Mikel Moor's and Pete Mantell's MGB V8's)

Is an MGB-V8 what you'd pick for "the ultimate road trip"?

Or let me ask the question the way they did:

Quote:
What would you take with you on the ultimate road trip,if you could make one ?
If you got to make the ultimate road trip (and money, geographic location of the trip and the make / model of the desired car you'd most want to use wasn't a limitation), what things or person/s would you most want to take with you and please say why.
You can take any high profile person/s you admire, irrespective whether anyone named is living or is presently deceased.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2008 10:24AM by Moderator.

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: the ultimate road trip...
Posted by: Moderator
Date: May 19, 2008 03:07PM

Still thinking about that "ultimate road trip" thing... maybe San Francisco and points north? (Drop in and see Susan, Robert, and Aunt Bea?) After this summer's road trip to Wisconsin... a road trip across France might be nice.

Here's another forum that's linking to British V8 lately. Anyone speak French? The photos are cool. "Blenheim Gang" is apparently where French Anglophiles discuss exotic and esoteric British cars. They're big fans of AC, Alvis, Aston-Martin, Bristol, the older Lotus models... and MGB GT V8's - including BIG BLOCK MGB's!!!
[www.blenheimgang.com]

I just downloaded my digital camera last night. Found this nice photo of ever enthusiastic road-trippers Al and Patty in it...

AlWulf-M.jpg

MG four six eight
Bill Jacobson
Wa state
(324 posts)

10/23/2007 02:15AM

Main British Car:
73 MGB Buick 215, Eaton/GM supercharger

Re: the ultimate road trip...
Posted by: MG four six eight
Date: May 19, 2008 09:17PM

Curtis
If you ever road trip out west, and head north to the Pacific Northwest. Be sure and look me up! We have good "MG roads" out here.
Best time to visit out here is late July through early Sept, less likely to rain!

Bill

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.