The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

mowog1
Rick Ingram
Central Illinois
(1523 posts)

10/17/2007 09:36PM

Main British Car:
1974.5 MGB/GT 3.9l Rover

authors avatar
British American Deviant Automotive Sportscar Society
Posted by: mowog1
Date: April 04, 2009 02:11PM

We need you help!

Cash donations for the British American Deviant Automotive Sportscar Society can now be made via PayPal to:

mowog1@aol.com

Please indicate "BADASS Donation" in the subject line of your correspondence.

All proceeds go to the building and maintenance of this big-block Buick powered MGB/GT. Have you got $10, $20, $50, $100 to spare to help get this project on the road? Your donation ***could*** also be tax deductable.

This low-budget, group effort of British-American engineering of a high performance sportscar by professionals and amatuer mechanics could use a financial shot in the arm...and YOU can help!

If you are not familiar with this project, you can follow its process here:

[forum.britishv8.org]

Thanks in advance for your assistance....

rick ingram
Chairman - Ways and Means

BlownMGB-V8
Jim Blackwood
9406 Gunpowder Rd., Florence, KY 41042
(6468 posts)

10/23/2007 12:59PM

Main British Car:
1971 MGB Blown,Injected,Intercooled Buick 340/AA80E/JagIRS

authors avatar
Re: British American Deviant Automotive Sportscar Society
Posted by: BlownMGB-V8
Date: April 20, 2009 11:43AM

We are now about 45 days away from the 2009 British V8 summer meet. Progress has been phenomenal on the MGB-Roadmaster project and it is amazing how close we are to reaching our second year goal. Rarely does any project come in on time, whether it's a personal job in the home garage, a job for hire, or even more rarely a group project such as this one, and I'd like to take this opportunity to thank and congratulate everyone who has assisted and helped in large and small ways to make it happen. I know there is a lot yet to do, we are still waiting on critical parts to be delivered, and we may yet fall short. But none of that matters, because having come this close we have given a very real demonstration of what can be accomplished. We have done more than anyone could have expected, either two years ago when we first started, or last year when we sat down and discussed what our goals and expectations were for the coming year.

So all in all it's been a good year. We've had pretty good participation by a lot of people doing different things to help, finding a better body and bringing it up here, prepping that body, finding parts, helping to raise funds, pledging needed work on drivetrain and exhaust, and special thanks have to go out to several individuals who's efforts have really made a big difference. Although not in any particular order, Steve DeGroat comes to mind first because he is the one person who could always be counted on to come up and do the hard work needed to move the project along, and to get me motivated when I needed it the most. Then there is Dale Spooner. How can we adequately thank a man who steps in and provides the quality, not to mention the quantity of his considerable professional talent? Because of Dale, we have not just a plain old junkyard engine of dubious merit, but a finely built precision piece which should eliminate any concerns we might have in that area while the car is on tour. Dave Van Wyck, another highly trained professional is providing the complete exhaust system and we are most anxious to see the results of his efforts. Rick Ingram, not only helped make the purchase of the new car body possible with a sizeable donation, but also helped in the transport efforts and then went on to organize fund raising efforts. Pete Mantell helped get the car here. Ted Lathrop acted as our purchaser in getting critical suspension parts, Bill Guzman, as always provided useful components, Brian McCulloch and Allen Mandeen found critical drivetrain parts for us, and the list goes on and on. If I were to include everyone who has helped during the life of the project it would be too long to post, and I hope that whoever I have left out (and there are many) will not feel too bad at not being mentioned, it's just that I never intended for the list to be exhaustive and in fact it is probably longer than I should have made it for a post of this type. It's just that more and more people come to mind and it's hard not to mention them.

The primary goal of the project, which was to bring the group more closely together as even more of a family, has been noticeably furthered by participation in this project, and our first great objective has been largely achieved. Our second great goal and the stated objective of the Deviants is within sight. We have gained some small amount of recognition worldwide if only by virtue of our attempt, and this will grow ever larger as we continue to succeed. There is value in espousing the view that British and American efforts in Technology have combined to accomplish great things, and even if there was nothing else it aids to soothe any lingering hurts from that long ago Revolution, bringing us once again into the warm embrace of family that we once enjoyed. But apart from that we have seen great progress in our friendly competitions. These have spanned the entire field of human endeavor. Perhaps that is a bit much for us, but as car enthusiasts, it certainly is not too much to praise the fine qualities of the British sports car, or the American V8. What could be more natural than to bring the two together? And so as we go on to promote public awareness of the synergies between American and British technologies and more particularly the uniting of the British sports car with the American engine, is it not fitting that we celebrate this union with an outrageous, extreme, and attention riveting example of our own? This, the MGB-Roadmaster will surely be. In many ways it is larger than life. In many ways it pushes the envelope of what has ever been done. It is a unique vehicle for a unique organization made up of unique people, and may we ever be proud to say we were a part of it all.

Jim
Logo 2009.JPG

Order your T-shirt today!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2009 11:54AM by BlownMGB-V8.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.