The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

tbush
Tim Bush
Minnesota, USA
(32 posts)

11/16/2009 07:29PM

Main British Car:
'74 Spitfire, '59 Frogeye (sold) GM Vin T 3.1Lgoing in it.

authors avatar
Auto hobby guys help out a sick young man.
Posted by: tbush
Date: November 23, 2009 09:57AM

Hello everyone. This is slightly off topic, but I thought you might find it interesting. A young man in Frazee, Minnesota who has been hospitalized with cancer asked on Pennock's Fiero Forum if anyone could help him finish the restoration of his car. A US soldier serving in Iraq saw the post and started to organize the forum members. This last weekend 18 forum members from all parts of the USA meet in Frazee and we completly restored the car. New paint, recovered seats, sound system, interior panels, replaced all worn parts and overhauled the engine. At 9:30 AM on Sunday we reveiled the car to Tyler. He was able to get out his wheelchair and drive off. It is amazing what people can do if they try. You can see Tyler's story here: www.tylerstoy.com

-Tim

MGBV8
Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN
(4512 posts)

10/23/2007 11:32PM

Main British Car:
1979 MGB Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: Auto hobby guys help out a sick young man.
Posted by: MGBV8
Date: November 23, 2009 08:58PM

Wow, awesome stuff!

Could have easily been many of us. ;)

BMC
Brian Mc Cullough
Forest Lake, Minnesota, USA
(383 posts)

10/30/2007 02:27AM

Main British Car:
1980 MGB '95 3.4L 'L32' SFI V6, GM V6T5 & 3.42 Limi

authors avatar
Posted by: BMC
Date: November 25, 2009 01:34PM

Fantastic Story Tim.

Here is another link to your story:
[www.inforum.com]

-BMC.

tbush
Tim Bush
Minnesota, USA
(32 posts)

11/16/2009 07:29PM

Main British Car:
'74 Spitfire, '59 Frogeye (sold) GM Vin T 3.1Lgoing in it.

authors avatar
Posted by: tbush
Date: February 17, 2010 01:37PM

I am sadened to report that Tyler Shipman, the young man who's car we rebuilt, passed away last Sunday, Feb. 14th.
Tragically Tyler was just 18 years old when his promising life ended. Please take the time to hug your kids and loved ones as none of us know how long we will be in this world.

Here is a link to Youtube of coverage of Tyler's story:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg4s4CEUliA

In Tyler's memory an annual car show in his name is being planned for July 24th in Frazzee MN. Initially the folks organizing it were focused on a Fiero show. Some of us would like to make it a show or gathering for all. I would love to meet some of the local British V8 crowd there. I just would not know which car to drive, my modified Fiero or my modified Spit.

- Tim

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2010 01:39PM by tbush.

psmg
Paul Schils
Fredonia, WI
(89 posts)

12/13/2007 10:27AM

Main British Car:
1973 MGB-GT, Buick 215 1971 MGB RD, SBF 302

authors avatar
Posted by: psmg
Date: February 17, 2010 03:58PM

Tim,
I'm saddened by the news of Tyler's passing. He will be included in my prayers. Please keep us updated on the car show, if possible I would like to attend. Thank you for the work you did in helping him realize a dream.

-Paul

Bill Young
Bill Young
Kansas City, MO
(1337 posts)

10/23/2007 09:23AM

Main British Car:
'73 MG Midget V6 , '59 MGA I6 2.8 GM, 4.0 Jeep

authors avatar
Posted by: Bill Young
Date: February 17, 2010 04:19PM

Tim, it's a bit far for me to attend but I have a good friend in Minneapolis that belongs to the Ford Falcon club and he and his buddies might well be interested. Keep us up to date on the details and I'll pass them on.

RMO 699F
Mike Maloney
SW Ohio
(531 posts)

12/09/2007 12:28PM

Main British Car:
1974 MGB Sebring GT, 3.9 Rover V8

authors avatar
Posted by: RMO 699F
Date: February 17, 2010 06:41PM

This is a very inspiring but sad story...Tyler will be in our prayers. Tim please keep us updated on the progress of the car show. I can combine the show with a visit to my daughter in Minneapolis.

Synthesis
Chris Kliewer

(1 posts)

05/28/2010 01:26PM

Main British Car:

Posted by: Synthesis
Date: May 28, 2010 01:30PM

Tim,
I just found this thread here, and have to say, "Awesome!".

I am thankful for all of your participation in the build...

I know many people saw this thread, and I did some searching to see if I could find some car forums to help us spread the word for the show...

The Fiero community responded in force. A soldier serving in Iraq saw Tyler's plea, and stepped up to the plate.
3 weeks after Tyler posted on the forum, 25 people from the Fiero community arrived in Tyler's home town of Frazee, MN.
Supported by literally hundreds of people from the Fiero community, the community of Frazee, MN and the surrounding area, these 25 people, along with countless others rebuilt Tyler's car in a marathon 23 hour rebuild.
The entire build was broadcast publicly on the internet with full video, audio and live chat on www.tylerstoy.com. Needless to say, the chat room was hopping at all hours of the day. All of the build videos are still available on that site, along with news stories.
Tyler has since moved on to the Great Twisties in the sky. A genuine car enthusiast, a genuine person, he will be missed.
Help the Pontiac Fiero community and the town of Frazee, MN celebrate the life and memory of Tyler Shipman at the First Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show, July 23rd, 24th, and 25th in Frazee, MN.
All proceeds will be donated to the MeritCare Foundation, Roger Maris Cancer Center research.
Help us spread the word!
TylerShow_2010_v2_web.jpg

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.