The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

Bill Young
Bill Young
Kansas City, MO
(1337 posts)

10/23/2007 09:23AM

Main British Car:
'73 MG Midget V6 , '59 MGA I6 2.8 GM, 4.0 Jeep

authors avatar
Terry Schulte in KC
Posted by: Bill Young
Date: September 08, 2009 09:20AM

We were surprised and glad to welcome Terry Shulte to the Kansas City All British Car and Cycle Show on Sunday. What a surprise when I saw his GT come down the line between all the other cars, I didn't have any idea he'd make the trip down from up north for our show. His car was a hit, took first place in the modifed class and Terry must have talked to everyone there and answered a million questions. There were three of us at the show who are affiliated with the British V8 Newsletter. Along with Terry, Dan Root had his beautiful "Racine" MGB there and I had the mighty Midget tucked away at the back of the class. I have two friends and fellow club members who are both working on B V6s and both took a long look at Terry's car. I'm sure they both came away with a lot of ideas and inspiration. A great time, good weather, and 123 great British cars there to look over. Some find rare stuff as well , have you ever seen a BSA three wheeler? Front Wheel Drive with IRS. Amazing for a 1920's era car. There was also a Midget with a Nissan 4 installed. Nice installation and I encouraged him to post some photos in the project area. If any of you other guys are ever in the KC area over Labor Day weekend I hope you'll drop by for a visit.

mowog1
Rick Ingram
Central Illinois
(1523 posts)

10/17/2007 09:36PM

Main British Car:
1974.5 MGB/GT 3.9l Rover

authors avatar
Re: Terry Schulte in KC
Posted by: mowog1
Date: September 08, 2009 09:57AM

Terry is a great enthusiast, that's for sure!

His MGB/GT V8 is a piece of art.

Terry has offered his services for paintwork on the Roadmaster project as well.

BlownMGB-V8
Jim Blackwood
9406 Gunpowder Rd., Florence, KY 41042
(6468 posts)

10/23/2007 12:59PM

Main British Car:
1971 MGB Blown,Injected,Intercooled Buick 340/AA80E/JagIRS

authors avatar
Posted by: BlownMGB-V8
Date: September 08, 2009 10:56AM

That's certainly good news. I hadn't heard from Terry in a good while and am very glad to hear that he is enjoying his car and getting out to the meets. Completely aside from his offer to help with paint on the MGB-Roadmaster (which we certainly would NOT hold him to any more than we would anyone else if business is down), he is a most welcome member of our community and I certainly hope he will be able to make next summer's British V8 meet. If only we weren't scattered so far and wide... Still, that does make the meets all the more enjoyable when we can get together.

Bill, did the discussion turn to the GT at any point in the conversation by chance?

Jim

Bill Young
Bill Young
Kansas City, MO
(1337 posts)

Main British Car:

authors avatar
Date: September 08, 2009 01:31PM

Yes, Jim, Terry and I had a few minutes to talk about the Roadmaster project and he repeated his offer to do the paint and body work if things stay the same for him as they now are. I told him that we'd certainly understand if he wanted to change his offer, but he repeated his assurance that he'd take care of it when the time came and asked how the project was coming along. I told him of the impending move to Pete's place for some tuning work and other details. I guess he's been pretty busy the past few months with the loss of one of his dealer ships, but he's ready to go again and is bringing his car out for more events this year. He also has a surprise in store for us at Indy next year (nothing to do with the Roadmaster), but I was sworn to secrecy on that so we'll have to wait to see what that is. I can say that it had something to do with around 600 hp and 1100 pounds if that means anything at all to this group. ;-)

MGBV8
Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN
(4511 posts)

10/23/2007 11:32PM

Main British Car:
1979 MGB Buick 215

authors avatar
Posted by: MGBV8
Date: September 08, 2009 04:16PM

You're in trouble, Bill, cause I think you just let the cat outa the bag!

Bill Young
Bill Young
Kansas City, MO
(1337 posts)

Main British Car:

authors avatar
Date: September 08, 2009 04:42PM

Carl, I think I'm still safe. There's nothing new about talking mega horsepower and minimal weight with this group is there? I can think of several guys running blowers, turbos, etc and some pretty light weight cars like Curtis' GT. Not new ground for this crew. I think Terry has one that might just be bigger and badder while being smaller and lighter than most. And no I won't try to compete by shoehorning a 455 Buick into my Midget. ;-)

BlownMGB-V8
Jim Blackwood
9406 Gunpowder Rd., Florence, KY 41042
(6468 posts)

10/23/2007 12:59PM

Main British Car:
1971 MGB Blown,Injected,Intercooled Buick 340/AA80E/JagIRS

authors avatar
Posted by: BlownMGB-V8
Date: September 08, 2009 06:17PM

Holy Moly Bill! Two lbs per HP? That's just Insane! (love it though) Can't wait to see what that might be. Have a couple of ideas...

Jim

MGBV8
Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN
(4511 posts)

10/23/2007 11:32PM

Main British Car:
1979 MGB Buick 215

authors avatar
Posted by: MGBV8
Date: September 08, 2009 09:35PM

I have exactly two ideas for a British V8 production vehicle that comes close to that criteria.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.