The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

rficalora
Rob Ficalora
Willis, TX
(2764 posts)

10/24/2007 02:46PM

Main British Car:
'76 MGB w/CB front, Sebring rear, early metal dash Ford 302

authors avatar
Sad news - Tony Barnhill
Posted by: rficalora
Date: January 28, 2010 09:43AM

I had this mail from Basil this morning. Quite a tragedy. Thought you guys would like to know if you didn't get the mail...

Dear BCF Member,

Most of you who frequent the British Car Forum know our MG forum moderator, Tony Barnhill. Some of you already know this, but for those who don't it is with great sadness that I much inform the members of BCF that Tony was killed in a head-on collision near his home in Gurley, Alabama on Monday, 25 Jan 2010. His wife was seriously injured as well and remains in ICU. The accident occurred Monday morning, 25 Jan 2010. Tony had been a dear friend and one of my Moderators for over nine years. In that time he helped countless enthusiasts from around the world solve their MG and other British car problems. Many of you knew him personally; some only knew him from the internet. Either way, those who had the good fortune to cross paths with Lt Colonel (USA, retired) Tony Barnhill were all the richer for the experience. I have a thread in the “Pub” forum where members can post their condolences to the family and/or post remembrances of Tony. From the posts we have so far, it is obvious that Tony touched a lot of lives and his death leaves a huge void. At the appropriate time, I will print and send the thread to Tony’s family with all your condolences.

Sincerely,
Basil

The BCF Pub thread referenced above can be found here: [www.britishcarforum.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.