The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

s1b
Sean Bittle

(5 posts)

09/27/2010 11:24PM

Main British Car:

Hi everyone. I'm new here
Posted by: s1b
Date: October 09, 2010 10:35AM

Hi everyone, I'm new to the British car "scene". Mainly was involved before with hot rods and customs before. This is a new learning experience!
I'm looking at Triumph GT6s. The thing is though I'm 6ft tall, not sure how well I'll fit in one. Does anyone have any idea how well a 6ft person would fit in one?

Sean

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4576 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: Hi everyone. I'm new here
Posted by: Moderator
Date: October 09, 2010 01:46PM

Welcome the forum!

I'm about 6' 2"... I've always liked the look of the GT6, but I find them cramped compared to an MGB-GT. I think you're going to need to try both on for size to appreciate the differences. Your impression may depend quite a lot on what seats are in the cars, and also on your torso vs. leg length. Maybe a GT6 will suit you just right. Early on, I took my seats off their mounting tracks and bolted them further rearward than they'd otherwise go. Now I can really stretch out. (I have a 34" inseam. When my 5' 4" wife gets belted into my MGB, there's no way she can reach the pedals or the dashboard.)

s1b
Sean Bittle

(5 posts)

09/27/2010 11:24PM

Main British Car:

Posted by: s1b
Date: October 09, 2010 04:53PM

I thought the GT6 and MGB GT were similar in size, but I'm going by dimensions I've read.

mgbreis
Ryan Reis
Beatrice, NE
(203 posts)

07/16/2008 11:07AM

Main British Car:

Posted by: mgbreis
Date: October 12, 2010 10:55AM

They might be similar in overall size, but try sitting in one of each. The gt probably offers more room for the driver and passenger than any other popular british sports car. Foot room, leg room and elbow room are all excellent. I even feel very cramped in a tr6 by comparison.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.