The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

lawnvett
PJ Lenihan
Winston-Salem, NC
(477 posts)

04/29/2009 11:37AM

Main British Car:
74 MGB-GT 3.4 V-6 crate, 5 spd

in case you missed this on another forum
Posted by: lawnvett
Date: May 10, 2012 11:09PM

Roadmaster/ Badass congratulations on job well done and other thoughts. . . .see ya in TX
In reply to # 2064324 by JoeReed
That thing is scary!

I followed that thread on the V8 forum off and on and you guys really should get some kind of award for pulling it off. Doing a project like that with a group of friend in the same city would be quite a feat. Finishing it - especially to that level - with the the participants scattered around the country is simply an amazing accomplishment.

Thank you.

That means a lot!

rki

This is the bit I added

Do you ever wish you jumped in on something but didn't because you said to yourself that will never get
off the ground. Well, I was wrong and this group has built one great looking head turning custom MG. Just because they could. Congratulations to all the BADASSES.
Actually I saw this fine car in Durham, NC at the British V8 meet a few years ago and now wish I had signed up to join the BADASS club.
Of course the Roadmaster was pretty rough at that time and I was just starting to look into the whole engine transplant scene. All I knew then was I wanted to learn about building or buying a MGB/GT for long distance trips. I had a wish list of: more power [don't most of us], A/C 5, speed and a few other creature comforts. I started to get to know some of these BADASS guys and found out they were a good bunch to enjoy this special niche of the LBC hobby. And I soon bought a V6, 5 speed BGT with A/C and have enjoyed several long trips, 30K miles in 2.5 years. My other miles were in the other MG.
See you guys in Palestine, TX next week.
PS. My car is running again, scratched dented but most of the electrical fire damage is repaired thanks to a fine friend Ken Nicks.

PJ Lenihan

Don't postpone joy

mowog1
Rick Ingram
Central Illinois
(1523 posts)

10/17/2007 09:36PM

Main British Car:
1974.5 MGB/GT 3.9l Rover

authors avatar
Re: in case you missed this on another forum
Posted by: mowog1
Date: May 12, 2012 02:21AM

*like*

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.