The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

Scott68B
Scott Costanzo
Columbus, Ohio
(562 posts)

10/25/2007 11:30AM

Main British Car:
1968 MGB GM 5.3 LS4 V8

authors avatar
Cars & Coffee Columbus Style
Posted by: Scott68B
Date: October 24, 2015 03:30PM

I went to my first Cars and Coffee this morning and actually had a good time. Lot's of interesting cars and people there. My neighbor, John, invited me a few weeks back. He has a very nice 911. Funny part is his car broke down last weekend (fuel pump) and our other neighbor, Craig, who also has a 911 was going to go but his car failed to start this morning. Anyway, as you can imagine, I made a few comments about reliability and how they should be driving British cars. :)

I didn't get any pictures of my car unbelievably but John got this one on his phone.

IMG_44701.jpg

You can see it was a little damp but but not a wash out at all. The car attracted a bit of attention as people were surprised by what they saw under the hood. Had some good conversations too. Lots of younger guys (and plenty of older ones too) there with some pretty impressive cars...it was good to see. This is the only picture I got of this car which was an MR2 with, obviously, a turbo.

ToyotaMR2.jpg

A young kid did the work to the car, it wasn't a turbo MR2 to begin with. I was really impressed with his knowledge and approach to the modifications he did. He was just like us but younger. I enjoyed talking with him. Oh, 35 lbs. boost, 750 HP in a 2530 lb. car. :)

Lots of exotic cars were there, of course. Stuff you don't see every day. I parked next to a Challenger drag car that had a Viper motor in it. Really well done conversion. So this Lambo pulled out and got in line to exit the event as things were breaking up.

Lambo.jpg

This McLaren was right behind him, waiting in line.

Mclaren copy.jpg

John and I were sort of watching the cars pull out but not paying too much attention when we heard the crunch...the McLaren ran into the back of the Lambo....not hard but it doesn't take too much. I felt terrible for the McLaren guy, I just got done telling him I liked his car as he was pulling off. John and I couldn't bear to even go look at the damage but it attracted a big crowd, with camera's in hand. We all make mistakes. I really enjoyed the experience.

RMO 699F
Mike Maloney
SW Ohio
(531 posts)

12/09/2007 12:28PM

Main British Car:
1974 MGB Sebring GT, 3.9 Rover V8

authors avatar
Re: Cars & Coffee Columbus Style
Posted by: RMO 699F
Date: October 27, 2015 03:06PM

Hey Scott, those are some great looking cars...always heard those Porsches were not very reliable...of course I will never know...chuckle...where is the C and C held? Is it close to your house?

Scott68B
Scott Costanzo
Columbus, Ohio
(562 posts)

10/25/2007 11:30AM

Main British Car:
1968 MGB GM 5.3 LS4 V8

authors avatar
Posted by: Scott68B
Date: October 27, 2015 09:08PM

Mike, it looks like it is hosted at a few venues in the area during the season but mostly at Byer's Imports on the east side of town. That's where it was this past Saturday which was the last one of the year.. It's about 25 minutes from the house. They sell Porsche and Audi so there were a lot of them at the event. It was a lot more fun than I expected. By the way, both of the neighborhood 911's are really nice cars. John has had his current car for over 10 years and this was the first time it let him down. I actually got to drive it once.

RMO 699F
Mike Maloney
SW Ohio
(531 posts)

12/09/2007 12:28PM

Main British Car:
1974 MGB Sebring GT, 3.9 Rover V8

authors avatar
Posted by: RMO 699F
Date: October 27, 2015 11:50PM

Even Boxsters feel as if they were specifically made for whomever sits in them...they are great cars..my first Z3 coupe from a several years back was from Byers...

MGBV8
Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN
(4512 posts)

10/23/2007 11:32PM

Main British Car:
1979 MGB Buick 215

authors avatar
Posted by: MGBV8
Date: October 28, 2015 10:12AM

I got to drive an older 911 once. To me it still had that VW Beetle feel & sound......until I slung it thru a corner. :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.