The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

s.powell@gov.je
Stuart Powell

(1 posts)

12/04/2008 08:19AM

Main British Car:

Hello from Jersey
Posted by: s.powell@gov.je
Date: June 15, 2016 08:54AM

Hi all,
My name is Stuart and for the past 20 years I keep revisiting a desire to put a RV8 in a Spitfire 1500.
My children are now 10 & 11 years old and am starting to claw back some free time......so have revisited the planning phase of this.

I started the project before meeting my wife and understandably priorities shifted and thus this has not moved off the drawing board....I held onto an engine, g/box and diff in storage but sold the engine and g/box 2 years ago to go towards a holiday (the rest I had to move on when moving house).

I'm hoping to start collecting bits over the next year or so and to buy a reasonable example of the trusty 1500 that I can enjoy in its stock form for a while.....I'm keeping an eye out for an already modified one so as to not upset the purists but failing that I'll start with a stock example and improve from there.

Just an intro from me for now and I no doubt will be on here pestering folk with experience for some help and advice....

All the best

Stuart

britcars
Phil Ossinger
New Brunswick, Canada
(346 posts)

02/02/2009 07:58PM

Main British Car:
1977 MGB Roadster, Rover 3.5 ADVENTURE BEFORE DEMENTIA!

authors avatar
Re: Hello from Jersey
Posted by: britcars
Date: June 15, 2016 02:45PM

Stuart, here's an example of a GT6 conversion with a Rover v8.
[www.carcentric.com]
And another couple of links:
[www.britishv8.org]
[www.britishv8.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.