The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

BlownMGB-V8
Jim Blackwood
9406 Gunpowder Rd., Florence, KY 41042
(6468 posts)

10/23/2007 12:59PM

Main British Car:
1971 MGB Blown,Injected,Intercooled Buick 340/AA80E/JagIRS

authors avatar
Local meets
Posted by: BlownMGB-V8
Date: July 10, 2016 09:31AM

Matthew and I went to the local version of Cars and Coffee yesterday, a pretty eclectic bunch. Saw a brand spankin' new McLaren (50?), what had to be a knock-off Fiero/Ferrari replete with badging, couple of TR's including a '67 TR4-A IRS, and a big old behemoth of a thing with a hand formed aluminum boat tail. Also Mustangs, an original Cobra, a Viper, V10 Audi, a real Ferrari, Caterham 7, a variety of Porches, etc. Didn't have time to look at all of it though since we had an errand to run and had to ex-fil from the Roadmaster and V8-Jag admirers.

Today there is an SCCA autocross in the parking lot of the Turfway horse racing park, the three of us plan to swing by there on the way up to Harbin Park where the GCBBC (Greater Cincinnati) is having their annual show. Just found out about it yesterday.

I thought a thread where local meets could be posted might be a good idea.

Jim

RMO 699F
Mike Maloney
SW Ohio
(531 posts)

12/09/2007 12:28PM

Main British Car:
1974 MGB Sebring GT, 3.9 Rover V8

authors avatar
Re: Local meets
Posted by: RMO 699F
Date: July 10, 2016 07:39PM

Howard Hosp and I met up at the Cincy show at Harbin Park today...must say, the meet was disappointing as it relates to the way it was run and attendance wise...very disappointing given the excellent turnout in past years...unique judging in that there was no popular vote, just a volunteer crew that went around and made the selection in each class..the only popular vote was for best overall car...in the modified class, there was Howard and myself (v6 & v8 gt) a Healey kit car, another 60* v6 mgb and a truely interesting Healey with a v6 and supercharger....Every class had one winner and one award...with the exception being the modified class where they forgot to judge them and no award was given...they told one guy they would get it right next year.
On the bright side, Terry Looft and wife Carole both won well deserved class wins with the mga and factory v8 gt....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2016 07:43PM by RMO 699F.

epeppy
Ed Peppard
Woodlawn, TN
(61 posts)

08/04/2008 08:35PM

Main British Car:
1975 TR6 Ford 302

authors avatar
Re: Local meets
Posted by: epeppy
Date: July 14, 2016 07:52PM

Cars and Coffee every Saturday morning 8:00 - 10:30 Franklin, TN (Cool Springs). [carsandcoffeefinder.com]
Huge variety of cars with the "exotics" showing up on the 1st Saturday of the month. Good turnout with 100 - 150 cars.

Ed

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.