The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

BlownMGB-V8
Jim Blackwood
9406 Gunpowder Rd., Florence, KY 41042
(6468 posts)

10/23/2007 12:59PM

Main British Car:
1971 MGB Blown,Injected,Intercooled Buick 340/AA80E/JagIRS

authors avatar
LBC weekend
Posted by: BlownMGB-V8
Date: November 07, 2016 10:49AM

So this is a post meet report, because I didn't find the pre meet announcement. Maybe I put it under MG which would have been a mistake. Anyway a few of us got together in Florence, KY over the weekend. We've been doing this a few times a year ever since we started the MG-Roadmaster project, and once that build finished up we simply continued it as an LBC weekend. On the agenda are usually maintenance items for personal cars, sometimes upkeep on the RM, and the slow but sometimes steady assembly of a Chump Car racer.

This weekend we had in attendance;
Steve DeGroat
Carl Floyd
Dan Blackwood
Matt Blackwood
Dave Blackwood
and of course Edith and myself. Almost sounds like a Blackwood clan gathering I'll admit but since we're all more or less family anyway it makes no difference. PJ was going to try and come but I think his daughter was getting married or something so you can't miss that. Accommodations were in the downstairs suite, we had chili, beef stew, and Steve brought bar-b-q, plus when Dan rolled in Friday night he brought a hot pepperoni pizza, chips and beer.

Between Thursday afternoon and Sunday we ended up working on six different cars. Some maintenance on the RM, reattached the spoiler on Steve's GT, Assembled and installed the transmission and a muffler on Matt's Samurai, repaired the panhard rod and trans mount on Carl's MG roadster, installed a light relay on Matt's SBC/Jag and the highlight, lit up the Toyota 1UZ in Dan's 1980 TR7. His video is posted in the Triumph section. No mufflers and a squeeze bottle for fuel but the important thing is that at long last it came alive. We'd have done a proper startup but I dropped the fuel pump while switching the fuel and return lines which we had gotten backwards somehow. The new one should be here today so we left it on the lift and I'm going to install it and run a test or two before it goes back in the barn to await his next visit. Next time it should go home on a trailer to get exhausts and final tuning.

I can't say when that will be, some time after the holidays. No doubt in the cold time. But when we do decide, this thread should be a good spot to keep track of it.

Jim

Scott68B
Scott Costanzo
Columbus, Ohio
(561 posts)

10/25/2007 11:30AM

Main British Car:
1968 MGB GM 5.3 LS4 V8

authors avatar
Re: LBC weekend
Posted by: Scott68B
Date: November 07, 2016 11:19AM

Quote:
The new one should be here today so we left it on the lift and I'm going to install it and run a test or two before it goes back in the barn to await his next visit. Next time it should go home on a trailer to get exhausts and final tuning.

Jim,

Hope you capture it on video! Really interested in this build!

MGBV8
Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN
(4511 posts)

10/23/2007 11:32PM

Main British Car:
1979 MGB Buick 215

authors avatar
Posted by: MGBV8
Date: November 07, 2016 11:50AM

Initial startup with Steve DeGroat squirting gas into the intake. It's ALIVE!!!!

RMO 699F
Mike Maloney
SW Ohio
(531 posts)

12/09/2007 12:28PM

Main British Car:
1974 MGB Sebring GT, 3.9 Rover V8

authors avatar
Posted by: RMO 699F
Date: November 07, 2016 12:07PM

Dan...that is going to be one special car!

Dan B
Dan Blackwood
South Charleston, WV
(1007 posts)

11/06/2007 01:55PM

Main British Car:
1966 TR4A, 1980 TR7 Multiport EFI MegaSquirt on the TR4A. Lexus V8 pl

authors avatar
Posted by: Dan B
Date: November 07, 2016 01:06PM

Carl and I went around the car and made a LONG list of things it needs, but not much of that will keep it off the road once it runs.

mowog1
Rick Ingram
Central Illinois
(1523 posts)

10/17/2007 09:36PM

Main British Car:
1974.5 MGB/GT 3.9l Rover

authors avatar
Posted by: mowog1
Date: November 08, 2016 05:12AM

Jim....I sent you an email reafarding the Roadmaster.....did you receive it? I copied the Roadmaster mailing list....but have received no replies.

BlownMGB-V8
Jim Blackwood
9406 Gunpowder Rd., Florence, KY 41042
(6468 posts)

10/23/2007 12:59PM

Main British Car:
1971 MGB Blown,Injected,Intercooled Buick 340/AA80E/JagIRS

authors avatar
Posted by: BlownMGB-V8
Date: November 08, 2016 12:59PM

Rick, I'll get a priority mailer out to you today or tomorrow. Shooting for today. The shifter bushing came in and I got the carb spring ordered. I wanted to include those with the receipts. Sorry for the anxiety.

Jim

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.