The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

HealeyRick
Rick Neville

(489 posts)

12/19/2007 05:01PM

Main British Car:
1963 Austin-Healey 3000 Ford 5.0L

authors avatar
Project Journalists
Posted by: HealeyRick
Date: February 18, 2010 05:01AM

Just a suggestion. Could guys keeping project journals post a notice in their respective section when they update their journal. I like to see how everyone's progressing, but with no way to tell whether there;s been an update since I last looked, it slows the progress down. I know Curtis does this from time to time, but I'm sure he's got enough on his plate already.

Rick
My SBF Healey 3000 project journal: [forum.britishv8.org]

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4576 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: Project Journalists
Posted by: Moderator
Date: February 18, 2010 03:46PM

Good idea, but it really would be better if the message board made this obsolete.

I haven't quite figured out how to make an edit throw some sort of "new" flag and/or re-sort the message list, but I got a compulsive urge and worked on the problem for a couple hours.

I've now got the Project Journal message list set-up to display (a) how many times each thread has been edited and (b) when the most recent edit occurred. For example:

Quote:
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2010 12:42PM by Johnous.

That's progress...

This sort of hack is an interesting challenge, but with each new hack the idea of migrating to a newer revision of the basic message board software becomes more daunting. I wouldn't want to have to figure out all these tricks again.

HealeyRick
Rick Neville

(489 posts)

12/19/2007 05:01PM

Main British Car:
1963 Austin-Healey 3000 Ford 5.0L

authors avatar
Re: Project Journalists
Posted by: HealeyRick
Date: February 19, 2010 06:03AM

Wow, what service! Thanks, Curtis, that helps a lot.

Rick

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.