The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

Citron
Stephen DeGroat
Lugoff, SC
(367 posts)

10/23/2007 09:43PM

Main British Car:
1970 MGBGT V6, 7004R, AC, matching trailer 3.1 liter

Bad experience e bay
Posted by: Citron
Date: May 13, 2020 02:06PM

Bought a master cylinder from Tom auto parts also known as Best Auto Parts, in Phoenix AZ. Part does not fit. Called and was told it fit my car, They had been selling them with no complaints.
No satisfaction.
Be ware.

Steve

Citron
Stephen DeGroat
Lugoff, SC
(367 posts)

10/23/2007 09:43PM

Main British Car:
1970 MGBGT V6, 7004R, AC, matching trailer 3.1 liter

Re: Bad experience e bay
Posted by: Citron
Date: May 13, 2020 04:52PM

have been studying this MC. If I rebend the brake lines I think it will fit. Hope the bore is correct. Can't do it this week as I was hoping. Not enough time. Not till June now. Oh Well.

Steve

rficalora
Rob Ficalora
Willis, TX
(2764 posts)

10/24/2007 02:46PM

Main British Car:
'76 MGB w/CB front, Sebring rear, early metal dash Ford 302

authors avatar
Re: Bad experience e bay
Posted by: rficalora
Date: May 13, 2020 08:33PM

Steve, I've bought a lot via eBay. Have rarely had a problem but in the few cases I did and the seller wouldn't make it right, I escalated to eBay and they made it right for me. They even refunded a $700-800 wide body kit we'd bought for Drew's mustang. It was crap. I sent them pics showing how far it was off (same pics I'd sent the seller) and they refunded me 100%. I then bought a different kit from a different seller and it was night and day better. Just be sure all your correspondence with the seller is via the eBay messaging system and be as clear in your communication as you can, include pics if you can, etc.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.