The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

hahlah@me.com
Heather House
Hobart, IN
(1 posts)

07/01/2020 09:51PM

Main British Car:
71 MGB Buick 215

Northwest Indiana owners??
Posted by: hahlah@me.com
Date: July 01, 2020 11:06PM

My father’s 71 MGB v8 conversion was passed down to me in 2016. I spent my childhood with him working on it, however, I didn’t pick up much knowledge. He converted it in the late 90’s, when I was in my late teens/early 20’s and too busy for dad. I’m hoping to find anyone in Northwest Indiana that can be a knowledgeable resource. My husband has enough car knowledge to help me out but nothing specific to the intricacies of MG’s, let alone a conversion. Dad attended some of this group’s annual events, as well as those held by University Motors and Chicagoland. He owned this car all of my life and learning about how to care for it is my way of honoring him. Any information, especially local guys who could offer any knowledge would be greatly appreciated. (My father’s name was James Orr, from Hobart).
22325BA0-3231-42AE-BA06-230F6A159F9B.jpeg

v8mgb
Jim Miller

(155 posts)

01/01/2008 11:38AM

Main British Car:
78 MGB Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: Northwest Indiana owners??
Posted by: v8mgb
Date: July 04, 2020 08:32PM

Heather, what issues are you having with the car?

rficalora
Rob Ficalora
Willis, TX
(2764 posts)

10/24/2007 02:46PM

Main British Car:
'76 MGB w/CB front, Sebring rear, early metal dash Ford 302

authors avatar
Re: Northwest Indiana owners??
Posted by: rficalora
Date: July 05, 2020 02:33PM

Welcome Heather. I never got to meet your dad, but looks like he was at the 1999 and 2002 get togethers; that was before my time with this group. Searching the site though, I saw a reference to a Jim Orr who raced a Devin and won SCCA's 1956 H-Modified Class National Championship; your dad? I bet it was fun watching him compete!

RE getting help - If you haven't already, try reaching out to the Northern Indiana Lakes MG club (https://m.facebook.com/nilbmc/); they'd probably know of folks in the area with V8 B's it other engine swapped cars.

And, there are always plenty of folks ready to help here.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.