The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

autopia40
Darren Jones

(8 posts)

10/16/2008 03:57PM

Main British Car:

Free BBQ for 'Drive-it Day' visitors - Lancs, UK
Posted by: autopia40
Date: April 20, 2010 12:00PM

Autopia Service Centres in Darwen, Lancashire is hosting a free BBQ in support of the Federation of British Historic Vehicle Clubs' initiative to get 'em out and enjoy them.

On 25th April this year many Classic Car Clubs and individual Classic Owners across the UK will be showing support for the UK's historic vehicle population by dusting off their classic cars, vans, bikes & trucks and getting them on the road to demonstrate the strength of the movement, showcasing our classic car hobby to other enthusiast owners and to people who don't currently own a classic.

The Drive-it Day commemorates 64 cars that set off from London on 23 April 1900 on the first Thousand Mile trial and will show the significant number of classics currently in the UK with many organised events taking place up and down the country, many museums and other sites of classic vehicle interest are opening or putting on some special events.

For one day we should see the largest number of classic vehicles out on the roads of the UK and we'd like to offer Autopia as a stop off for any classic owner or club organised run participating in the annual event, so we'll be hosting an all day BBQ with free food, hot and cold drinks - for drivers and passengers of classic cars that visit us during the Drive-it Day.

The BBQ will be fired up at 10am and across the day we will be serving; bacon rolls, sausage barmcakes, beef burgers, onions, baked potatoes, tea, coffee and soft drinks.

We just need to know how many visitors to cater for so please call 01254 433397 or email us through the contact form on our website with details of cars, number of people and approximate time of arrival?

American cousins are very welcome if you're out in your cars on Sunday, you just need to figure out how to cross that small stretch of water?? :-)

best regards
Darren
[www.autopiaservicecentres.co.uk]

Bill Young
Bill Young
Kansas City, MO
(1337 posts)

10/23/2007 09:23AM

Main British Car:
'73 MG Midget V6 , '59 MGA I6 2.8 GM, 4.0 Jeep

authors avatar
Re: Free BBQ for 'Drive-it Day' visitors - Lancs, UK
Posted by: Bill Young
Date: April 20, 2010 01:43PM

Darren, thanks for the invitation. Right now it seems like it would be easier to drive than to catch a flight! Of course finding a petrol station along the way might be a problem. Have a great time.

dwtr6v8
Don Watson
West Virginia
(305 posts)

12/07/2007 07:45AM

Main British Car:
1974 TR6 Ford 5.0 HO

authors avatar
Posted by: dwtr6v8
Date: April 21, 2010 07:25AM

Darren,

I know you'll be busy cooking, but take some time out and get a few pictures and post here for all to see.

autopia40
Darren Jones

(8 posts)

Main British Car:

Date: April 22, 2010 04:02AM

Thanks for best wishes, will get some pics.

best regards

autopia40
Darren Jones

(8 posts)

Main British Car:

Date: April 28, 2010 05:17PM

As promised, pics (without commentary yet) available on our website; [www.autopiaservicecentres.co.uk]
will add some comments this week.
best regards
Darren

dwtr6v8
Don Watson
West Virginia
(305 posts)

12/07/2007 07:45AM

Main British Car:
1974 TR6 Ford 5.0 HO

authors avatar
Posted by: dwtr6v8
Date: May 05, 2010 07:25AM

Darren,

Congrats on the BBQ event and..........Thanks for the Pics!

Love the Alpine GTA !

I was waiting for you to add comments as I could not identify it.

autopia40
Darren Jones

(8 posts)

Main British Car:

Date: May 06, 2010 05:25PM

Commentary now added to pictures - hope you enjoy.

By the way, I've posted a poll on our website to ask website visitors to help choose the type of restoration on a vanilla and completely original 1975 MG BGT, please have a look at the details, options and spare me five minutes to post your vote?

very best regards,

Darren
[www.autopiaservicecentres.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.