The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

timmallard
Tim Mallard
Coppell, Tx.
(4 posts)

07/01/2010 02:44PM

Main British Car:
1976 MGB Rover 215

becoming a new member..
Posted by: timmallard
Date: July 03, 2010 11:53AM

My name is Tim Mallard from the Dallas, Tx. area. Ninety days ago, I bought a '76 MGB off Craigs List. The car was located in West Texas, pick-up truck and cattle country. A previous owner installed a 215 Rover V8 & 5 speed. After washing off all of the West Texas dust, found the body and paint in better condition that I had thought it was. Engine in excellent condition too. The seller had the car for 4 years, never registered it, seldom drove it, just keeping it in an old outdated small town gas station stall. Tach and gas guage off to Nisonger Instruments for a re-build. Wiring under the dash is....amazing. Love the car.

Had a 1960 A-Healey 3000 in the 1960's when a college student, and when they were cheap.Still miss it! Had a 66 MGB in the '70's. for a while. Loved it too Bought this 76"B" to have something to tinker with. Always liked British sport cars.

HOPE to make it to the 2010 meet in Indianapolis. Won't know for another day or so. If I come, it surely will be a late registration. Won't be bringing the MGB, probably come on a BMW motorcycle. Am anxious to talk with other V8 conversion owners and talk with the vendors about future plans for this car.

REALLY ENJOY your web site and have learned a lot reading about all of the members cars. Its a great source of information. Hope to see all of you soon. If not, definately next year when you have a meet closer to Texas, ho ho.

mowog1
Rick Ingram
Central Illinois
(1523 posts)

10/17/2007 09:36PM

Main British Car:
1974.5 MGB/GT 3.9l Rover

authors avatar
Re: becoming a new member..
Posted by: mowog1
Date: July 03, 2010 12:13PM

We hope you make it to Indy!

You can register for BritishV8 2010 at the hotel!

Or...if you will PM me your e-mail address, I can send a form via attachment and you can register electronically and pay via PayPal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2010 04:46PM by mowog1.

rficalora
Rob Ficalora
Willis, TX
(2764 posts)

10/24/2007 02:46PM

Main British Car:
'76 MGB w/CB front, Sebring rear, early metal dash Ford 302

authors avatar
Posted by: rficalora
Date: July 03, 2010 01:27PM

Welcome aboard Tim. You should definitely go to Indy -- great group of guys.

Your name is familiar, did you happen to work at TI in the '80's? I used to work at the Lewisville site back when TI was making HARM's there.

kstevusa
kelly stevenson
Southern Middle Tennessee
(985 posts)

10/25/2007 09:37AM

Main British Car:
2003 Jaguar XK8 Coupe 4.2L DOHC/ VVT / 6sp. AT

authors avatar
Posted by: kstevusa
Date: July 03, 2010 01:59PM

Welcome Tim! we look fwd to seeing you at Indy. You won't find a better group of guys to hang with.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.