The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

mowog1
Rick Ingram
Central Illinois
(1523 posts)

10/17/2007 09:36PM

Main British Car:
1974.5 MGB/GT 3.9l Rover

authors avatar
BritishV8 2010 - Informational e-mail
Posted by: mowog1
Date: July 04, 2010 12:47PM

All registrants of BritishV8 2010 have been sent an informational e-mail regarding the event.

Additionally, I received several Notification of Failure of E-Mail Transmission due to Spam blocks. Please check your Spam file for an e-mail from mowog1@aol.com You will want to read this information!

Please contact us with any questions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2010 03:41PM by mowog1.

tr6turbo
Dale Knapke
Sidney, Ohio
(169 posts)

08/24/2008 09:44PM

Main British Car:
1972 Triumph TR6 Ford 2300, 4 Cyl Turbo

Re: BritishV8 2010 - Informational e-mail
Posted by: tr6turbo
Date: July 04, 2010 04:54PM

Rick, I have not received an e-mail and I did check my spam. Could you try sending it again.

Thanks
Dale

mowog1
Rick Ingram
Central Illinois
(1523 posts)

10/17/2007 09:36PM

Main British Car:
1974.5 MGB/GT 3.9l Rover

authors avatar
Re: BritishV8 2010 - Informational e-mail
Posted by: mowog1
Date: July 04, 2010 05:23PM

Greetings! Here's some important information regarding BritishV8 2010:

TRAVEL INFORMATION

There is a lot of construction on I-465 from about I-74 south to a little past the airport. This includes construction on the I-70/I-465 interchange ramps and several other exit ramps. None of this is insurmountable, and all traffic lanes are open on I-465...with shifts.

1) If you are arriving at the Clarion via a northern route that finds you on I-465.......take the 38th Street exit and turn east on 38th to High School Road (just after you cross I-465). Follow High School Road south to the intersection of I-74 interchange-25th Street-Crawfordsville Road. (There is a Shell Station on the northeast corner). Cross over 25th street and follow US136 West to the hotel (you will then cross I-465..go to the second stop light and turn right.)

2) If you are arriving at the Clarion via a southern route that finds you on I-465.....take the Crawfordsville Road exit and continue east to the stoplight. Make a sharp right at the stoplight onto US136 West and follow it to the hotel. (You will cross I-465...go to the second stoplight and turn right.)

3) If you are arriving at the Clarion from the East....you will be advised that I-70 through town in closed...it is NOT...BUT....you will need to connect with the Sam Jones Expressway/Airport Expressway to reach I-465 North. Then follow I-465 to the Crawfordsville Road exit and continue east to the stoplight. Make a sharp right at the stoplight onto US136 West and follow it to the hotel. ......(You will cross I-465...go to the second stoplight and turn right.)

4) If you are arriving at the hotel from the West.....take the Ronald Reagan Expressway from I-74 and turn east on US136. Follow this route through Brownsburg (you will pass ORP). You will go through several stop lights (watch your speed!) The Clarion is at the end of US136 East ......(you will see I-465)..... the second stoplight west of I-465.

Arrivals - Wednesday, July 7th
We welcome you to Indianapolis and BritishV8 2010. We will have registration open early afternoon; we have a parking lot pizza party planned for Wednesday afternoon. We hope to see you sometime Wednesday afternoon or evening!

Track Day - Thursday, July 8th
We have the facility from 0700 to 1600 EDT - We will be running the road course from 0800-1200 and have the autocross course available from about 0100 - 1600 EDT.

There will be concessions available at the track for lunch; there will be racing fuel available for purchase at the track.

This is intended to be a non-competitive, fun day....let's keep this in mind while on the track or autocross course. We have a $5000 deductible on our policy...if you or your car causes damage to any of ORP's property (of if there are any injuries caused), YOU will be responsible for the payment of any deductible that may result.

Road course participants:
We plan on arriving at the track at 0700 EDT. Each person entering ORP's property will need to sign a waiver (you will be greeted by ORP employees).

Continue to the parking area of the drag strip/track offices where you can park. Empty the contents of your boot and cockpit of ALL loose, non-secured items. We will tech cars and hope to have the first group of cars out on the track by 0800.

Remember to bring a long sleeved shirt (or race suit), long legged pants, closed toe shoes, an approved helmet, and perhaps some driving gloves. You may want to bring folding chairs as well.

No passing in the corners. Watch the flaggers.

Autocross participants:
If you have registered for BritishV8 2010, you are eligible to participate in the autocross. If a member of your party that has NOT registered for BritishV8 2010 but would like to participate in the autocross, there is a fee of $30.

Please arrive at ORP and sign your waiver before noon. You may have to wait for a break in the action on the road course before you can continue on to the parking area where we will tech cars.

When you get to the parking area, please remove ALL non-secured items from your boot and cockpit. We recommend, but do not mandate, the use of a helmet for this event. You may wish to bring a folding chair.

We plan on having the first car out on the course by 1300 EDT - if we can get this done earlier, even better!

Thanks in advance to Barry Rowe and the Champaign County Sportscar Association for their assistance, support, and equipment used during the autocross.

We should finish up at ORP by 1600 EDT. This will allow us ample time to return to the hotel and get cleaned up before we head over to the House of the Orange Awning for a mini car-display and dinner.

Friday, July 9th
We will caravan to FasTimes Indoor Karting, leaving about 0930 EDT. We have the facility beginning at 1100 EDT...but drivers will need to participate in a FasTimes Drivers School video, be fitted for driving suits and helmets, and have a BritishV8 2010 Drivers meeting. Drivers in this event will find lunch provided for them; spectators can purchase lunch at the facility.

We have some open time after karting; we will caravan to the Union Jack Pub about 1830 EDT where we will have another mini car-display and enjoy supper. We have reserved parking and a reserved area outside (as well as some of the area inside the restaurant) for seating.

Saturday, July 10
We will caravan to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum about 0900. You will have a couple of hours to enjoy your self-guided tour of the museum before we head down to Prototype Developments for a shoppe tour and light lunch. We should also be joined by several owners of Lotus Super-7 clones. After lunch, we will caravan back to the hotel where we will have tech session/vendor sessions in the parking lot. We also have a couple of surprises for you that afternoon. That evening, we will have our banquet and auction inside the Clarion in one of the ballrooms.

Please contact us with any questions you may have regarding travel or the event. We are looking forward to another fun-filled few days of Conversion Camaraderie in Indianapolis!

Yours in Increased Horsepower...

The Three Stooges

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.