The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In
Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

tr6turbo
Dale Knapke
Sidney, Ohio
(169 posts)

08/24/2008 09:44PM

Main British Car:
1972 Triumph TR6 Ford 2300, 4 Cyl Turbo

Re: BritishV8 2010 updates
Posted by: tr6turbo
Date: July 24, 2010 04:00PM

I have started to tear down the car to see what i have. The last picture shows how much the frame buckled on the drivers side. The other side is OK. A lot of work ahead of me.

I have a question for those of you who saw the accident. Once the car made the inital left toward the wall did it do a full 360 spin before it got to the wall or did it basicly make a left into the wall. I thought it made the full 360 but not sure that is the case.

001.JPG
002.JPG
007.JPG
008.JPG

ex-tyke
Graham Creswick
Chatham, Ontario, Canada
(1165 posts)

10/25/2007 11:17AM

Main British Car:
1976 MGB Ford 302

authors avatar
Posted by: ex-tyke
Date: July 24, 2010 05:06PM

The event happened quickly, but I believe you did the 360 spin manoeuvre. Didn't take a photo 'til after you came to rest against the wall
Hope most of the chassis is salvageable...but it sure looks like you've got a good Winter project.
Copy of 100_5470.JPG

alana
alan atkinson
(232 posts)

06/19/2008 08:06PM

Main British Car:
68 TR250 LS2

authors avatar
Posted by: alana
Date: July 24, 2010 08:26PM

Wow, that's a buckled frame all right.
It's a bit trite, but better it than you.
Glad you are back at it and not too badly hurt.

Merv
Merv Hagen
IL
(104 posts)

05/21/2008 05:48PM

Main British Car:
1980 MGB Buick 215 T-5 Trans

Posted by: Merv
Date: July 27, 2010 10:49PM

Roadmaster Video
Not great but you will get the idea
Also on Sticky: Post your Video

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uudqih7ba-M

Merv

nolltr
todd noll

(1 posts)

03/11/2010 07:45PM

Main British Car:

Posted by: nolltr
Date: August 01, 2010 08:49PM

New Friends,

A giant smile crosses my face as I reflect on my first British V8 meet. As a newcomer with little knowledge and never having met anyone in the group face to face, I was amazed at how I was accepted and how nice I was treated. It truly is a group of friendly, humble, fun and encouraging people that are genuinely just plain nice. From my first conversation on the phone with Pete Mantell when I probably asked many stupid questions, he always patiently took the time and answered them all. When my GT got stuck during transport in Indy, Pete immediately found a temporary home for it at Dave Kirkman's house. Dave said, it was no problem. When I first communicated my interest in the meet to Rick Ingram, his emails were very encouraging and I could feel how passionate about the event he was. He was the same positive, great guy, when I met him face to face and made me feel like I had known him all my life. Merv Hagen was the first person I saw early Thursday a.m. in the parking lot. What a pleasant person who gave me a run down on some of the cars right off the bat. My first dinner started with strangers, Peter, Graham & Gordon, and ended with me knowing 3 great Canadians that would teach me the rest of the meet about MG's. Speaking of Canadians, Ken & Katie were there to lead me around the race track in my Cadillac, battle on the Go Kart track and listened to me when I needed someone to talk to about my dad's bout with cancer. I felt awkward when I plopped myself down beside Steve and Paula for dinner at the pub, but after a short time I felt right at home and I loved listening to their car stories. They have a lot of cars! Thanks to Alex and David Mantell for helping me at the track with helmet and gear since my suitcase was a day and a half late arriving. There are many other people I haven't mentioned and I could say that each one made me feel at home. Thank you to all for making my first British V8 meeting an awesome experience. Can't wait for next year. Special thanks to Larry Shimp, Curtis Jacobson, Ted Lathrop and Pete Mantell for teaching me a lot about MGBs. Looking forward to completing my GT.

Thanks again,
Todd

mowog1
Rick Ingram
Central Illinois
(1523 posts)

10/17/2007 09:36PM

Main British Car:
1974.5 MGB/GT 3.9l Rover

authors avatar
Posted by: mowog1
Date: August 02, 2010 08:52AM

Thanks for the kind words!

It was great meeting you as well...........hope that you will be able to attend BritishV8 2011 in Townsend, TN next May!

rficalora
Rob Ficalora
Willis, TX
(2764 posts)

10/24/2007 02:46PM

Main British Car:
'76 MGB w/CB front, Sebring rear, early metal dash Ford 302

authors avatar
Posted by: rficalora
Date: August 05, 2010 05:01PM

I don't have Dale Knape's contact info... but thought he might be interested in this TR6. Got the info on it through the Autotx email distribution. $1800 asking price for a pretty complete car + extra doors, hoods, etc. And, from what I can see from the pics, it looks to be little if any rust. Someone with Dale's contact info might want to pass this on.

[s41.photobucket.com]

What I know about the car is below... don't know the seller... Just seemed like for the price, Dale could get most of the parts he'd need for little after selling off the stuff not needed.

Hey Robert,

here is a few pics of my car. please post anywhere you think people would be interested. the engine, transmission, rear end etc are all in very good condition. i have a lot of extra parts, and a clear louisiana title. it all goes for $1,800.

thanks for you help.

joe st. romain

No affiliation w/the seller & car is in

tr6turbo
Dale Knapke
Sidney, Ohio
(169 posts)

08/24/2008 09:44PM

Main British Car:
1972 Triumph TR6 Ford 2300, 4 Cyl Turbo

Posted by: tr6turbo
Date: August 05, 2010 05:17PM

Thanks Rob, I will send you a PM.

Dale
Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.