The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

jim0899
James Willenbrink
Florence, KY
(60 posts)

10/05/2010 04:46PM

Main British Car:
1978 MGB Chevrolet 327

authors avatar
Introduce Yourself Here! moderator please delete (wrong section)
Posted by: jim0899
Date: October 11, 2010 11:47AM

Hi, my name is Jim Willenbrink and I live in Florence, KY, which is about 15 miles south of downtown Cincinnati. I purchased a 1978 MGB in 2003 from the previous owner (Craig Jensen). He completed the major conversion (he installed a Chevy 327 engine with 3 speed saginaw) in 1996 and logged about 20k miles driving. I have a number of upgrades for the car scheduled for this winter. I purchased a narrowed S-10 rear end with posi, and Chev drum brakes. I am in the process of ordering a new aluminum radiator, and I am planning some sort of brake upgrade (not sure how far I am going with the brakes),

(quote)
Hi James,

"I recognize your MG & the name of its previous owner. Craig attended the 2nd annual V8 Meet that was hosted in Annapolis, MD in 1998. First small block Chevy MGB I had ever seen. Unfortunately, it overheated in the Beltway traffic on the way to Summit Park Raceway. I have wondered what became of Craig & his B cause we never saw him again.

I hope you noticed that you & Jim Blackwood are neighbors."

Thanks Carl,

I did subscribe to the old British V8 Newsletter, just took a while to make the digital transition. I made one simple change to eliminate the overheating problem when sitting in traffic (on hot summer days). I added a flex-o-lite fan blade to the front pulley, and it has worked great for the last 7 years. Now I'm in the process of ordering a custom built radiator to replace the original (14year old) radiator.
I'm looking forward to meeting Jim Blackwood, the street I live on (Heritage Dr.) is very close to Gunpowder Creek.

Jim
MGB top down pictures 013 (2).jpg
MGB top down pictures 016.jpg

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2010 06:36PM by jim0899.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.