The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

mowog1
Rick Ingram
Central Illinois
(1523 posts)

10/17/2007 09:36PM

Main British Car:
1974.5 MGB/GT 3.9l Rover

authors avatar
Flashback - March 2001 - V8 meet
Posted by: mowog1
Date: November 09, 2010 02:10AM

I was having fun driving the 1969 MGC on the road course at Sebring.

We had the V8 meet in Sebring, sandwiched during the week between the Vintage Races and the 12-Hour.

I drove solo and non-stop from Champaign to Sebring. (I left home at 0600 and was going to stop when it got dark. I was in Florida when it started to get dark...Sebring can't be THAT much farther, right?! I found the hotel about 0300 the next day and got checked into my room. Woke up a few hours later to the sounds of race engines....my room overlooked the hairpin turn of the track; the vintage races were still being run!)

This remains one of my favourite meets...the comaradarie, the track. drinking beers with Bob Tulius at the hotel and getting to see his collection in the hangar near the track; see a space shuttle launch the morning I headed for home; suffering through a day at Univeral Studios with Ian Pender, Gene and Donna Fox, and David Deerson; the "We Bare It All" cafe near Gainesville.....the memories are still vivid of the activities of the week.

Share your road trip stories with your British car!

Downtown Sebring_1.JPG
Car Display in Downtown Sebring

Ingram-Stuart Lap 1.JPG
Rick Ingram and Jim Stuart

MGV8 2001 Lineup_1.JPG
"Starting Grid"

MGV8 LeMans Running Start_1.JPG
Old men suffering through a LeMans start.
L>R: Rick Ingram and Carl Floyd...with unidentified driver on right

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2010 11:44AM by mowog1.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.