The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

sean Buick 76
Sean Buick
Alberta Canada
(2 posts)

01/08/2011 01:45PM

Main British Car:
Twin Turbo Buick 350 powered 70 skylark, 78 Skyhaw Buick 350

New book about SBB and Rover engines
Posted by: sean Buick 76
Date: January 08, 2011 02:16PM

Hey there, if this is the wrong section please move it.

My name is Sean and I am writing a book about SBB and Rover performance... I have lots of 350 powered cars and want to help others get the most out of thier SBB engines. This is a hobby for me not an occupation.

The major sections of this book are:

- How to get the most out of any SBB or Rover without major mods. Tuning and troubleshooting included

- Performance mods for Buick V6, 215, Rover 3.5L-4.6L, 300, 340, and 350 engines including in depth builds for each.

- Power adders on the SBB. a 1021 hp Buick 350, nitroused 350s, a supercharged 340, ect

- Trans, driveline and rear end advice including suspension advice for drag racing

-Several multi-page car build ups including my 70 Skylark with roll cage and Twin turbocharged 350

At the end of this book there is a readers rides section and I would like to add some MGs with Buick V6, 215, 300, or Rover engines. If anyone has other cars/trucks with these engines I am interested to hear about them as well. If anyone has a engine build that they would like featured in the book there are a few spots available.

Please include one good quality picture of the car, some info about any mods you have made, MPG, how you drive the car (street or track?).

Sean

sean-gaskin@hotmail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2011 03:48PM by sean Buick 76.

BlownMGB-V8
Jim Blackwood
9406 Gunpowder Rd., Florence, KY 41042
(6468 posts)

10/23/2007 12:59PM

Main British Car:
1971 MGB Blown,Injected,Intercooled Buick 340/AA80E/JagIRS

authors avatar
Re: New book about SBB and Rover engines
Posted by: BlownMGB-V8
Date: January 11, 2011 02:53PM

Sean is a long time contributor to the V8-Buick bulletin board where his accomplishments are held in very high esteem, particularly in relating to power adder systems for the small block Buick engine. He has been working on this book for, oh it seems to me like something over a year now and it promises to be quite the addition to the SBB/BOPR enthusiast's coffee table. I know quite a few of our members here have engine builds that they are justifiably proud of, going into or already installed in cars which promise outstanding performance. Why not share the intricacies of that build in a form which promises to immortalize it to the benefit of future engine builders everywhere? I have, and I think you should too.

JB

sean Buick 76
Sean Buick
Alberta Canada
(2 posts)

01/08/2011 01:45PM

Main British Car:
Twin Turbo Buick 350 powered 70 skylark, 78 Skyhaw Buick 350

Re: New book about SBB and Rover engines
Posted by: sean Buick 76
Date: January 11, 2011 11:51PM

Thanks JB, you have been doing a great job with your 340 built as well!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.