The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
"British V8" has passed another milestone
Posted by: Moderator
Date: March 31, 2008 03:14PM

This morning our 200th message board user was registered and "validated"!

The key word there is "validated" because I usually block at least ten or twelve new spam user ID's per day, usually before the spammers have time to post their ads for cheap prescription meds. You can view a list of the 200 valid user ID's in the "private messages" section.

The number of different users who have actually posted a message so far is 143.

By my calculation there are currently 309 message threads, and 2055 messages.

Keep posting - and telling your friends about the British V8 message board!

Mr. T
Tony Andrews
Kent Island, Maryland
(153 posts)

10/23/2007 03:59PM

Main British Car:
'75 mgb, '74 grille, morspeed bumpers Rover 3.9

authors avatar
Re: "British V8" has passed another milestone
Posted by: Mr. T
Date: April 06, 2008 07:50PM

If only we could get more v6ers to yak over here.

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Posted by: Moderator
Date: April 07, 2008 02:58PM

I'm frustrated with that... I have a hard time getting V6 "How It Was Done" articles or photos for the galleries too.

74ls1tr6
Calvin Grannis
Elk Grove,CA
(1151 posts)

11/10/2007 10:05AM

Main British Car:
74 TR6 / 71 MGB GT TR6/Ls1 71 MGB GT/Ls1

authors avatar
Posted by: 74ls1tr6
Date: April 07, 2008 11:50PM

I'm also trying to get a as in one V6er to post here several times and no luck.

BMC
Brian Mc Cullough
Forest Lake, Minnesota, USA
(383 posts)

10/30/2007 02:27AM

Main British Car:
1980 MGB '95 3.4L 'L32' SFI V6, GM V6T5 & 3.42 Limi

authors avatar
Posted by: BMC
Date: April 08, 2008 02:07AM

I will *someday* get something to you Curtis. I spend too much time answering instead of creating articles. I believe one of the reasons that the majority of posts for V6 are held at the mgexperience is because the titles include the letters: V6. Nothing against anyone/anywhere else but the V6 is looked at by some as a weak attempt at a V8 and others as a bad choice over a small displacement I4. I believe its the best choice for mid and small sized vehicles and from what i see, many manufacturers agree with me. Honda guys would rather mod the 4 then the 6 in the same car, the Camaro/Mustang and American hot rod crowd feels that the V8 is the way to go and the 6 is just too small. So Six'ers are stuck in the middle of the perceived lack of performance but Nothing could be further from the truth.

I have a suggestion that would help this board grow, but do not know if you could install this in this board easily. Since a guy with a V8 302 Alpine may not search the Triumph section every day, he is going to miss the new fellow coming in with the new 302 project. the 3.4L V6 guy is probably not going to search every section either. Since many subjects go into tech details on a certain driveline, the most popular driveline conversions need their own engine section having little to do with the cars they are in. So, three sections that may become popular: Ford OHC V8 Tech (260, 289, 302 stuff), GM 60 Degree Vee-Six and BOP/R V8. IF others get enough talk such as the ford V6 of yesteryear, maybe it would eventually need its own section as well. One major problem with this- splitting the board down into too many subjects makes it confusing and less likely to be used and this is why I think now may not be a good time to do this until the board grows a bit more.

FWIW,

-BMC.

BTW: Including this post, I have 38 total posts today, on the MGExperience, I have just under 1,500. Yes, I answer when I can!

Mr. T
Tony Andrews
Kent Island, Maryland
(153 posts)

10/23/2007 03:59PM

Main British Car:
'75 mgb, '74 grille, morspeed bumpers Rover 3.9

authors avatar
Posted by: Mr. T
Date: April 09, 2008 08:48PM

This internet site is your baby Curtis....you've obviously done a FANTASTIC job! - having said that, I will second Brian's suggestion IMH(newbee)O.

P.S. Don't forget the 4-bangers!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.