The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

Spitfire 350
Phil McConnell
Perrysburg, OH (Toledo area)
(257 posts)

01/11/2010 09:19PM

Main British Car:
74 Spitfire 350Chevy

authors avatar
Friday the 13th
Posted by: Spitfire 350
Date: May 13, 2011 11:16PM

I am not the least bit superstitious….. but if I were, I would say today’s experience was due to the date and day of the week, and possibly a black cat. Mary and I finally got everything to fit into the Spitfire and got underway at 9:05 am. About a mile from the house we turned around and went back to pick up the papers detailing the events. Ok, now we are really on the way. About 9:20 we hit a construction zone and we felt a bad vibration, I rationalized that it was rough pavement. I really didn’t believe it, but there wasn’t much I could do at the time. We stopped at a rest area at 9:25 so I could check the tires and anything else that could have gone wrong. Unable to find anything, we chalked it up to the excess weight of all of the crap we packed, and got back on the road. About a mile down the road I heard and felt a very bad but familiar thing, busted u-joint at the transmission yoke. When I got out of the car I found one of the u-joint clips on the ground by the passenger door. At 9:30 I called information for the number of the only towing service I knew in Bowling Green, Ohio. They didn’t have a flat bed truck so they gave me the number of a company that did. The second company came out and retrieved us, but their garage was booked, so he called another garage that got us in right away. They didn’t even try to keep me out of the shop area. At 11:55 am we were back on the road.

Now that I think of it, we actually had more good luck than bad. I think I like Friday the 13th!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.