The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

BMC
Brian Mc Cullough
Forest Lake, Minnesota, USA
(383 posts)

10/30/2007 02:27AM

Main British Car:
1980 MGB '95 3.4L 'L32' SFI V6, GM V6T5 & 3.42 Limi

authors avatar
Youtube channel comments on our MGB Conversion Funny!
Posted by: BMC
Date: August 10, 2011 02:55AM

I admit we have a bit of fun in our shop. For the past few years, we have been manufacturing a few amateur automotive videos on the projects we do, who we are and generally anything that we may find interesting... and hopefully others find interesting as well.

Recently, I checked my comments section and had a pretty good laugh. Now if your not familiar with placing comments or replies, these are limited by a number of characters per post. I have already written about as much as they allow you in one sitting on youtu..............................

So anyways.

Going through postings.

I check out our oldest video. Very well hit. About 23,000 hits and it's a Long video and not well done either but none the less, there for you and the rest of the world to see. Go to the bottom of the list and look for the test driving the MGB V6 3.4L video.
[www.youtube.com]

As they say, so there I am minding my own business. ;-) Plenty of comments on this video. Some good, some okay, so on.

As we all have been through this 'mine is better than yours' phase at some point or another and most of us understand that there are limits placed on every car AND that the MGB was built as a common mans sports car and not an exotic, I suspect this fellow does not post here. Also, because of the LIMITED amount of space youtube allows for communications, neither of us could post enough to say anything there.

BMC
Brian Mc Cullough
(383 posts)

Main British Car:

authors avatar
Re: Youtube channel comments on our MGB Conversion Funny!
Date: August 10, 2011 03:03AM

Had to split this into multiple parts. For some reason, the system would not take it in full. I guess I'm running on. ;-)

So without further delay, the comments that are pretty funny:

fritzkatz
"0-60 very short order"? WTF? How about a number? Guess 5.2 Sounds smooth, looks clean, uninspiring compared to a Rover alum 4.6 V8 that is no more work to install in a 79 or 80B, costs just a bit more, weighs less than the stock 4banger, and stunning to open the hood and see the genuine ribbed MGB V8 valve covers. Not to mention it can triple your posted V6 HP and torque and loaf to a 4 second 0-60 ... but you'll get better MPG as if that matters (and if it does, V8 can pull lower axle ratio)

I'm sure he wanted to say more. but the limitations. Profanity always gets the point across though. Right? I really did LOL while reading this!!!

I love the benchracing he gives here. Actually the Ribbed valve covers are nice and I like the fact that it is an American engine that was actually improved by the British and leaked less oil I am told after it was redesigned by them. (You know I am laughing while I write this right?)
As far as the finned valve covers, I would rather see the injection manifold of the 3.4L than the Rover- personal opinion.
I answer quite a bit of this in the limited space given:

BMC
Brian Mc Cullough
(383 posts)

Main British Car:

authors avatar
Date: August 11, 2011 01:33AM

I keep trying to post more but for some reason this site is not allowing me to post.

BMC
Brian Mc Cullough
(383 posts)

Main British Car:

authors avatar
Date: August 11, 2011 01:37AM

Okay. For some reason, i cannot cut and paste and I do not have enough time to type everything up. I think it is interesting/funny and well, other what was said.. I was going to drag the conversation here but limited time does not allow................. :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2011 01:42AM by BMC.

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4576 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Posted by: Moderator
Date: August 11, 2011 04:58PM

Quote:
I keep trying to post more but for some reason this site is not allowing me to post.

The message board software uses several strategies to block spam, and one of them is a list of banned words. It currently won't let you post a message that contains any of seven (only seven!) words that spammers have recently used. I can't even post the list here - or rather it would be very inconvenient to do so - but it seems likely that the banned word algorithm might be blocking you from posting. Let's see... the list includes the names of four brands of fashion clothing for men, a brand of popular but badly made (Chinese) laptop computers, and a website that sells car parts (rhymes with "starparts.com")

BMC
Brian Mc Cullough
(383 posts)

Main British Car:

authors avatar
Date: August 11, 2011 11:24PM

Good.. Very acceptable reasons. Frustrating yes but not nearly as frustrating as spam for you as moderator or me to read. I will check it out but very busy with a few projects going on now.

Thank You!!

-BMC.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.