The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

TOMTOM
Tom Pfeifer
Farragut, Tennessee
(1 posts)

08/21/2011 11:21AM

Main British Car:

Thanks to Ken and Katya
Posted by: TOMTOM
Date: August 21, 2011 12:09PM

I need to thank Ken Heibert and Katya Ermakovich for making me aware of BritishV8. Also for letting me photograph Katya with their LT1 TR6 at they 2011 Nasvhille Goodguys event.

I have a website called www.AmericanCarsAmericanGirls.com. I go to car events in the southeast US and get pictures and stories of cool AmericanCars with Cute AmericanGirls. It's not unusual for me to run across a coverted British sports car. I now will be able to tell them about BritishV8 and share pictures of their cars with BritishV8.

The 2011 Nashville Goodguys event is now the Featured Article on www.AmericanCarsAmericanGirls.com. If you would like to see pictures of Katya with the TR6, plus pictures of a 1963 Austin Healy 3000 kit car with a 350 small block just check out it out.

During my life I have owned a TR3, TR6, 1966 SS 396 Chevelle, 1977 Pontiac T/A, and currently 2002 SS Camaro.

Please let me know of any BritishV8 events that might be in or around Tennessee.
IMG_6922.JPG

TR6-6SPD
Ken Hiebert
Toronto Ontario
(255 posts)

04/23/2008 11:43AM

Main British Car:
1972 TR6 1994 5.7 L GM LT1

authors avatar
Re: Thanks to Ken and Katya
Posted by: TR6-6SPD
Date: August 21, 2011 10:47PM

Hello again Tom,
Good to hear from you. Our 2011 meet was held in Townsend Tn. 2012 will be in Palestine Texas. If anything else develops, we'll surely let you know.
Now, on the subject of letting people know about the British V8 website, I've often wanted some kind of a business card to place on my car for interested people to take with them or for me to personally pass on to them. Business cards aren't too expensive are they? Has anybody already followed this up ?

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4576 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: Thanks to Ken and Katya
Posted by: Moderator
Date: August 22, 2011 03:02AM

The photos of Katie are so great!

I slapped my forehead pretty hard though... "Why didn't I think of that!?!" - I photographed Ken's suspension, transmission, oil filter, but I didn't think to make Katie a central focus of the "How It Was Done" article... what an idiot;)

How many cards would you like, Ken?

I currently have about 400 cards left with this design on them:

BritishV8_Bcard.jpg

Assuming I keep the same supplier, the replacement cost is $65 for 1000, or $99 for 2500. If I were going to mail them out, there'd be some postage cost...

As you can see, the current card isn't optimized for putting under windshield wipers at car shows. It doesn't, for example, say: "See How It Was Done... on BritishV8" or "Check out the friendly, informative BritishV8 forum!"

What should such a card say? Would anyone be willing to pay for cards? How much?

The ideal thing would be for me to individualize the cards... for example, I could put Ken's TR8-6SPD on the card where my GT currently appears and have 500 or 1000 printed that way just for Ken to hand out. How much would you guys be willing to pay for cards that are personalized to show your respective names and cars (and possibly even your unique contact info)?

I think personalized cards would be a really nifty product for the "merchandise" section of this website. (You could think of them as a fundraiser, sort of like the t-shirts.) Who is willing to commit to purchasing them? I'm a couple years overdue with offering bumper stickers and window decals, but my phone hasn't exactly rung off the hook with requests for those.

A couple years ago, I thought about printing mass quantities of car show cards and spreading them liberally... covering the costs by selling ad space (maybe on the back?) to vendors. The only problem is that I have so much difficulty explaining the current a la carte advertising options to vendors. The idea of explaining any new advertising opportunities gives me great pause.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.