The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

rficalora
Rob Ficalora
Willis, TX
(2764 posts)

10/24/2007 02:46PM

Main British Car:
'76 MGB w/CB front, Sebring rear, early metal dash Ford 302

authors avatar
TX All British Car Day
Posted by: rficalora
Date: September 06, 2011 11:38PM

Austin TX on Sept 24 & 25. Anyone going to be there? Chris (CJ Steak on the MGE board) put me onto it. My axle came in on Friday & it fit so barring any new significant problems I think I'm going to drive out for it. More info @ www.txabcd.org.

CJ Steak
Chris Salisbury

(29 posts)

10/25/2010 05:17PM

Main British Car:

Re: TX All British Car Day
Posted by: CJ Steak
Date: October 04, 2011 07:02PM

Hey amigo... didn't see ya down there, what happened?? :)

Man, the show was a blast. I didn't get any negative comments or nasty looks at my car all weekend. I was really surprised at how even the purists liked it.

I had to laugh when the Tiger owners came over and said they'd rather work on my car then their own. They thought it looked like the car came with the V8 in it. I guess that's about the best compliment I can get.

Hopefully you'll be able to make it down next year.

-Chris

rficalora
Rob Ficalora
Willis, TX
(2764 posts)

10/24/2007 02:46PM

Main British Car:
'76 MGB w/CB front, Sebring rear, early metal dash Ford 302

authors avatar
Re: TX All British Car Day
Posted by: rficalora
Date: October 04, 2011 10:16PM

turned out I had a commit I'd forgotten about. A buddy's 50th birthday @ Tin Hall (country dance place about a mile from my house) and had to fly out of town that Sunday. Decided it wasn't worth the drive for 1/2 day Saturday. Will try to plan ahead for next yr. Do you know if there's a way to sign up for email updates so I'll know when it's scheduled?

sounds like you had a great time. Hope you harassed the cobra guys. One was another buddy of mine. He finished his car about a year or so ago.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.