The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
1000 different people have posted messages on the BritishV8 forum!
Posted by: Moderator
Date: October 04, 2011 01:23PM

When Willard Moore of Geneva on the Lake Ohio posted on this board this morning, he was the one thousandth person to do so!

Willard is our 2163rd registered member. I can tell from my "administrative control panel" that quite a large number of people check-in every day and yet never post messages. If you're one of those wall-flowers, please don't be so shy! Why not just take a moment to introduce yourself? We have a "sticky" thread just for that purpose here.

I think it's pretty cool to know that there are so many people interested in heart transplants for old British sports cars.

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: 1000 different people have posted messages on the BritishV8 forum!
Posted by: Moderator
Date: October 04, 2011 01:30PM

Incidentally, I just received a "How It Was Done" submission and the kindest note from a gentleman who says he checks this forum all the time and has learned TONS from it - yet, he isn't a registered member. Ummmm.... Why not? If you're reading this board from time to time and you're not registered, please consider this: the message board software has a nifty feature built-in that "flags" new content so it's much easier for you to tell what's changed since your last visit. It might save you a lot of time.

BlownMGB-V8
Jim Blackwood
9406 Gunpowder Rd., Florence, KY 41042
(6470 posts)

10/23/2007 12:59PM

Main British Car:
1971 MGB Blown,Injected,Intercooled Buick 340/AA80E/JagIRS

authors avatar
Posted by: BlownMGB-V8
Date: October 05, 2011 12:34PM

No possible downside that I can think of to registering, and it's good to be recognized.

JB

rficalora
Rob Ficalora
Willis, TX
(2764 posts)

10/24/2007 02:46PM

Main British Car:
'76 MGB w/CB front, Sebring rear, early metal dash Ford 302

authors avatar
Posted by: rficalora
Date: October 05, 2011 10:06PM

Agree. Great group & great site. Introduce yourself & say howdy. Doesn't matter if you are experienced or neophyte, all are welcome!

flitner
John Fenner
Miami Fl
(168 posts)

03/11/2010 10:58AM

Main British Car:
1972 MGB 350 CHEVY

Posted by: flitner
Date: October 06, 2011 12:06PM

Yep I was quite the Lurker for awhile and then it just became second nature to just log in and join this great site, probably about 6 months after starting my build and gaining the direction I wanted to go by browsing the photo gallery along with how it was done. It was the beginning of now quite a few different sites that I visit and by far this is the most layed back, easy going and user friendy site out there!
Thank You Curtis!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.