The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

BWA

(344 posts)

04/13/2010 08:13PM

Main British Car:

Re: Jim Blackwood Gets H.A.M.B.ed
Posted by: BWA
Date: December 18, 2011 12:50PM

Thanks Calvin for the photo. I just had to see the thing that evoked such a lousy response. Boorish behaviour on the internet is quite prevalent now. I am a bit of a news hound and I read lots of comments posted on these commentarys/articles and you get some real rude people attacking each other. If you want to see the absolute worst behaviour just look at the comments posted below music you-tube videos. This type of behaviour would rarely happen in the real world but it happens on the internet because you can be the biggest a$$-hole and get away with it.
I tip my hat to you Jim as your knowledge of BOPR drive trains is probably more than the collective knowledge of all those guys on that forum.

Cheers
Byron

BlownMGB-V8
Jim Blackwood
9406 Gunpowder Rd., Florence, KY 41042
(6470 posts)

10/23/2007 12:59PM

Main British Car:
1971 MGB Blown,Injected,Intercooled Buick 340/AA80E/JagIRS

authors avatar
Posted by: BlownMGB-V8
Date: December 19, 2011 01:44AM

That business with the HAMB really didn't go that well. Although I didn't actually get banned, I got points, had two threads closed and a third removed so I think it's fair to say that at the end nobody was happy with the way things had turned out. But it would be unfair of me to try and make it out as all being their fault. I saw their hazing tactics and was determined not to be a victim. As a result their fun-n-games turned to anger and dislike and I really can't blame them for that. After all, it is their forum and they don't know me from Adam. Plus there is the undeniable fact that my generation as a rule was rebellious and resentful of their elders and I'm sure that hasn't been forgotten. But that wasn't how I wanted things to go. It just goes to show you that it's usually better to swim with the current than against it. I thought I was doing that, at least to begin with but I think I started to react instead of thinking carefully about what I was doing.

At any rate there is nothing to be gained by railing against them. Also considering that quite a few of our members here like the old Rods and feel a kinship with their members or are members over there it makes more sense to mend fences.

Of course I'm not saying that hazing is acceptable behavior, whether it's over there or elsewhere, just that I'll try not to get into arguments with them in the future. After all, you really can't win against someone who can always have the last word.

JB

flitner
John Fenner
Miami Fl
(168 posts)

03/11/2010 10:58AM

Main British Car:
1972 MGB 350 CHEVY

Posted by: flitner
Date: December 21, 2011 01:11PM

Good grief what a flame job, there are quite the bunch of comedians over there! I do lurk around there and have posted a few responses but the know it alls out weigh the serious builder/ seasoned mechanic. For instance they have a thread for step vans, so I figured I'd ask about a converted bookmobile to find out what engine was in it, 1974 International powered Gerstenslager etc, I got 2 responses and the thread vanished, later finding out it is a V-549 IHC from an International dealer that is restoring a COE.

The volume on the site just proves there are alot of folks on there who have nothing better to do, the main reason I enjoy coming on here and MGE with a bunch of great down to earth people.

While we are on the subject Art wen you told Jon Ellison to spew somewhere else I spewed Dr. Pepper all over my monitor!!

Good times!
Thanks to all of you for your guidance, patience and inspiration!
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.