The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Abuse of the Private Message system
Posted by: Moderator
Date: February 24, 2012 01:22AM

Just so everyone knows... BritishV8's private message system isn't for soliciting business.

If anyone uses it to offer you the sale of ANY sort of product or service, please let me know so I can turn OFF their posting privileges. From my point of view, any private message that solicits business is spam, whether it's conversion related or not. I'm not going to get into hair-splitting arguments about for example whether pricing was or wasn't mentioned in the offer, or whether a message constitutes an advertisement if it promotes a business generally versus a range of products versus a specific product, etc. As moderator, I reserve the right to decide what's spam and to do so on a case by case basis.

I thought our Forum Policies sticky-messages were clear enough. They have always read as follows:
Quote:
5) Advertising of products or services isn’t allowed in this forum. There are only two exceptions: (1) we allow and encourage professional vendors to purchase advertisements that clearly look like advertisements, and (2) we have a clearly-designated “Classified Ad” section. (The Classified Ad section has its own, additional rules. Please read them before you use it!) Product selection advice and testimonials are generally okay… but if you think you might be “pushing the line,” you’ve probably already crossed it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.