The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

mowog1
Rick Ingram
Central Illinois
(1523 posts)

10/17/2007 09:36PM

Main British Car:
1974.5 MGB/GT 3.9l Rover

authors avatar
Mike Masters - Funeral Arrangements - Donations
Posted by: mowog1
Date: June 01, 2008 07:55PM

I have been in contact with Dan Masters....he asked that I share this with you all:

Thanks for your concern, it is greatly appreciated. We're still in shock.

Michael killed himself Sunday, but we didn't know for sure until Thursday evening when his body was found.

The funeral arrangements were finalized just this afternoon. The services will be held Tuesday at 11:00 at:

St Michael The Archangel
490 Arnold Mill Road
Woodstock, GA

Please share the funeral arrangements with the various bbs boards.

In lieu of flowers, please ask folks to make a donation to the National Alliance On Mental Illness

[www.nami.org]

Thanks, Rick.

Luz (Mike's wife) asked me to send her appreciation as well.

dan

mowog1
Rick Ingram
Central Illinois
(1523 posts)

Main British Car:
1974.5 MGB/GT 3.9l Rover

authors avatar
Re: Mike Masters - Funeral Arrangements - Donations
Date: June 01, 2008 08:54PM

Here's a quick link to the NAMI donation page:

[www.nami.org]

mowog1
Rick Ingram
Central Illinois
(1523 posts)

Main British Car:
1974.5 MGB/GT 3.9l Rover

authors avatar
Date: June 01, 2008 10:31PM

Here's a picture of Mike...with a sparkle in his eyes.

I spent some time tonight on his website...listening to his choices of music.

If you have an opportunity, take some time and do the same.

[aawire.blogspot.com]

Rest in peace, Mike.
Mike Masters.jpg

BlownMGB-V8
Jim Blackwood
9406 Gunpowder Rd., Florence, KY 41042
(6470 posts)

10/23/2007 12:59PM

Main British Car:
1971 MGB Blown,Injected,Intercooled Buick 340/AA80E/JagIRS

authors avatar
Posted by: BlownMGB-V8
Date: June 02, 2008 11:06AM

We'll miss him more than we know. How Nico is going to handle it I just can't imagine. Couldn't have happened at a worse time for him. Is there anything we can do to help him?

Jim

mowog1
Rick Ingram
Central Illinois
(1523 posts)

Main British Car:
1974.5 MGB/GT 3.9l Rover

authors avatar
Date: June 02, 2008 02:50PM

I don't know what it would be at this time....I'm sure that Dan will keep us in the loop regarding the family. rick

mowog1
Rick Ingram
Central Illinois
(1523 posts)

Main British Car:
1974.5 MGB/GT 3.9l Rover

authors avatar
Date: June 04, 2008 05:49AM

Mike's funeral service was yesterday (6/3).

Fellow Spuriite and MG enthusiast Carl Floyd drove down to Woodstock, GA from his home in Eastern Tennesee to attend the service, representing all of us.

I received the following e-mail from him:

Okay, I'm back in TN.

Got to my brother's house in Kennesaw, GA near midnight last night after going to my tell my friend goodbye Monday evening at whatever you call it where people gather around the casket to offer sympathies & condolences to the family( another funeral, in Kingsport). My brother kept me up 'til 2:30am watching UFC (people beating the @#$%& outa each other. Why?!!) stuff he had TIVO'd.

Met Dan at the Church about 10:50 Tuesday am (traffic) . Shook his hand & hugged him. Told him I drove down for him, Krista, & Nico. Extended sympathies from my wife, Robin. Then informed him I was also there as the representative from The Spurious V8 and MG Club & the entire British V8 Fraternity. Hugged Krista & Nico. Dan was very appreciative of the response from all the Forums.

It was a Catholic Funeral Service. A good service that lasted just over an hour. I was very disappointed that Krista was denied Communion at the service because she wasn't Catholic.

Afterwards, Dan asked a good friend of his from Knoxville & myself to follow them back to Nico's house. I loaded the two plants (a floral arrangement from Mikes half-sister & a 4' tall potted greenery bush from the Spurious group) in my car as there was no room in Krista's car. Dan had to go for food. What happened to neighbors bringing over food?!! I stayed & visited 'til a bit after 4pm & said goodbyes (hugs all around). Very glad I spent the 26 hours & 600 miles to stand in for our V8 Family.

Dan, Krista, Nico, & Luz (shorthand for her real name & I'm not sure, but Mike's wife) all seem to be handling it well. Of course they have already had a week to come to grips with things.

Nico has Summer Camp the week of our V8 Meet so he won't be joining us, but Dan assured me that He & Krista would be there.

Dan is part of our Spurious Club & I felt that MIke is/was an Honorary member, so on the way home while driving 75mph down the interstate, I took off my church suit & donned cargo shorts & my grey Spurious MG V8 Club t-shirt for the ride home.

Godspeed, Mike!

Carl

This is the comaradarie that is typical of the MG community...and it makes me proud to be a small part of it.

If you have not visited:

[www.nami.org]

I urge you to do so and make a donation in Mike's memory.

Thank you.....

psmg
Paul Schils
Fredonia, WI
(89 posts)

12/13/2007 10:27AM

Main British Car:
1973 MGB-GT, Buick 215 1971 MGB RD, SBF 302

authors avatar
Posted by: psmg
Date: June 04, 2008 08:33AM

Thank you Rick for keeping us current on what the situation is in the Masters family. A special thanks to Carl for taking the time to represent our group at Mike's funeral.

Many of us are still in shock and cannot find the words to express our true feelings to Dan and his family. Mary and I continue to pray for the Masters family in this difficult time.

Thanks again Rick and Carl,
Paul and Mary

danmas
Dan Masters
Alcoa, Tennessee
(578 posts)

10/28/2007 12:11AM

Main British Car:
1974 MGBGT Ford 302

authors avatar
Posted by: danmas
Date: June 07, 2008 10:19PM

I would like to think everyone for the kind comments made about Mike. I only wish he could have seen them. They meant a lot to our family.

Thank you!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.