The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

roverman
Art Gertz
Winchester, CA.
(3188 posts)

04/24/2009 11:02AM

Main British Car:
74' Jensen Healy, 79 Huff. GT 1, 74 MGB Lotus 907,2L

We The Forum
Posted by: roverman
Date: May 14, 2012 11:30AM

Just perhaps, "We" could petition, with "Phillips'" permission?, SCCA for a 4L or 4.2L limit, in GT 2, for the MG RV8 ? As I see it, this is our best effort for SCCA , in GT2. 2 cents, roverman.

Bill Young
Bill Young
Kansas City, MO
(1337 posts)

10/23/2007 09:23AM

Main British Car:
'73 MG Midget V6 , '59 MGA I6 2.8 GM, 4.0 Jeep

authors avatar
Re: We The Forum
Posted by: Bill Young
Date: May 14, 2012 05:39PM

Art, sounds like a nice objective, but would the additional displacemenet really help much with the restrictor plate we are forced to run? Certainly would be easier to souce engines at those more common displacements and you could use the 4 bolt main block without sleeving it down. We did well at our last race, but were well slow of the laps being turned by some of the GT3 cars, so there is room for negotiation with the SCCA about displacement or restrictor plate size. As we are the only RV8 currently running in the country as far as we know there's precious little data for them to evaluate and they know that our car has more potential and is only just beginning development. I think the parts cost and availability issue would be the most reasonable argument as to increasing the displacement.

roverman
Art Gertz
Winchester, CA.
(3188 posts)

04/24/2009 11:02AM

Main British Car:
74' Jensen Healy, 79 Huff. GT 1, 74 MGB Lotus 907,2L

Re: We The Forum
Posted by: roverman
Date: May 14, 2012 08:32PM

As Curtis well pointed out, the Tigers get to run 4.3L ? Restrictor carb should be enough restriction. "This" model of MG , came with a 3.9/4.0L, yes ? = best argument for size increase. SCCA is very adept at slowing cars down. This car needs a lot of work, to achieve being "too fast". Onward, roverman.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.