The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Articles / Photos from BritishV8 2012 ---- HELP NEEDED!
Posted by: Moderator
Date: July 03, 2012 08:55PM

Now that the meet is over, we're left with warm memories... and a whole bunch of photos!

I want to get those photos gathered into some sort of order, captioned, and published. I'm having a difficult time getting it done.

An article that simply shows "The Cars of BritishV8 2012" has been completed for some time.

Next up, I've put some preliminary work into an article about "The People of BritishV8 2012." Actually, it's about the Banquet and Auction. (I know some folks had to leave early and miss the banquet...) Frankly, I think the article is pretty rough. It's probably got a hundred errors, inaccuracies, and/or omissions. Who announced the autocross results? Who won the rallye? Who was that woman you were sitting with? Many more. ---- PLEASE send me private messages with any and all suggestions so I can make it better!

What's next? How about an article about our really fun visit to The Texas State Railroad repair/renovation facility? Thanks largely to Artie, I have about a dozen truly spectacular photos. I need a volunteer to write a very brief introduction and some photo captions. Sounds like fun, right? (I'll help. You'll get to see the photos before your friends.) ---- PLEASE VOLUNTEER!

Then? How about an article about all the wonderful things we saw at Hatfield Restorations? Again, I have some wonderful photos. They need captions. I'll be happy to help, but I'd really like someone else to take the lead on this one too. ---- PLEASE VOLUNTEER.

Incidentally, that Hatfield Restorations article would really benefit from a better close-up of the Riley engine. Anyone got one to share?

Article about our autocross at the NASA weather balloon launch facility?

Article about dyno runs at Montee's Auto World?

Article about the pre-meet rendevous in Shreveport? (I can't write the article because I wasn't there... but it would be VERY cool if we could at least publish a photo or two. Or more?)

PLEASE VOLUNTEER so that we can all enjoy reviewing the really big fun we had in that really big state.

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: Articles / Photos from BritishV8 2012 ---- HELP NEEDED!
Date: July 04, 2012 12:02AM

p.s. I've now uploaded a slideshow to the 2012 Meet page: [www.britishv8.org]

(Please be patient. The slides don't start flipping until all thirty photos have loaded.)

RMO 699F
Mike Maloney
SW Ohio
(531 posts)

12/09/2007 12:28PM

Main British Car:
1974 MGB Sebring GT, 3.9 Rover V8

authors avatar
Posted by: RMO 699F
Date: July 04, 2012 12:13AM

Curtis, really appreciated your article "The People of British V8 2012".........the article gave a personal perspective of almost all the participants and revealed a lot of information that I simply did not know...I applaud your efforts! After all, it really is about the people and their cars...

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Date: July 04, 2012 01:13AM

Thank you, Mike. I gave it a try, but it doesn't come naturally for me. Wouldn't you like to write something about...

As another aside, when you guys take road trips without radio do you find that certain songs get stuck in your head?

This is the old song I was "listening to" in my radio-less car all throughout the 2012 meet roadtrip:

mowog1
Rick Ingram
Central Illinois
(1523 posts)

10/17/2007 09:36PM

Main British Car:
1974.5 MGB/GT 3.9l Rover

authors avatar
Posted by: mowog1
Date: July 04, 2012 03:24AM

Great article about the People, Curtis.

MGBV8
Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN
(4513 posts)

10/23/2007 11:32PM

Main British Car:
1979 MGB Buick 215

authors avatar
Posted by: MGBV8
Date: July 04, 2012 08:52AM

Great job, Curtis!

I believe Ken & Katie get the driving award that really counts....... Longest Distance Driven in a British Car! All the Northerners had quite a drive.

britcars
Phil Ossinger
New Brunswick, Canada
(346 posts)

02/02/2009 07:58PM

Main British Car:
1977 MGB Roadster, Rover 3.5 ADVENTURE BEFORE DEMENTIA!

authors avatar
Posted by: britcars
Date: July 04, 2012 07:28PM

Curtis, thanks so much for your efforts and dedication. I do wish that I could have been there this year but It was great to follow the highlights of the meet online. Great to see so many familiar faces, some new ones and some fabulous cars.
Planning for 2013 with the MGB!
Poster (600 x 427).jpg

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Date: July 11, 2012 02:20PM

No volunteers? Okay... I'll ask for something else.

Did any of you get home with a nice photo of Galen Hazen's spectacular Chevy powered Jensen Healey? I have about fifty good photos of "details", but I need at least one nice photo of the overall car from before it went onto his trailer - preferably with its bonnet down. Please? Pretty please?

(It's the middle car in this snapshot.)
http://www.britishv8.org/Slideshow14/S02.jpg

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.