The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

Kurt
Kurt Artinger
Belleville IL
(3 posts)

10/09/2012 10:01AM

Main British Car:
1960 Daimler SP 250 2.5 twin turbo hemi V8

Daimler sp250
Posted by: Kurt
Date: October 09, 2012 10:20AM

Hi Everyone, my name is Kurt and I am from Belleville IL USA. I bought a 1960 Daimler SP250 as a project car. Most of the parts came in baskets. My original thoughts were to restore it and make it kind of a street racer. The project has taken a life of its own with so many mods its crazy. I'll be posting on the projects part and thought some of you kind folks may have some ideas as we get further down the road. Some of the mods: twin turbos, coil over front shocks, mustang 2 front end, rack & pinion, Ford 9" rear with 388 gears, tremec t5 transmission. Wish me luck,
Kurt

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: Daimler sp250
Posted by: Moderator
Date: October 09, 2012 10:42AM

Welcome to BritishV8, Kurt!

We can't get enough of the little Daimler V8. Good luck with your project. Sounds very exciting.

The only spec that raised my eyebrow was that you're planning on a nine inch Ford. IMHO, it's probably too much axle for a lightweight car, and one with less unsprung weight (Ford 8" for example) would give you better handling and certainly better ride quality.

I can't wait to see your Project Journal. Post lots of photos!

I'm just about ready to upload another SP250 to our sister website, BritishRacecar.com. I'll attach two preview snapshots below...

Regards,
Curtis

LarryLigas-Daimler-SP250-BB.jpg

LarryLigas-Daimler-SP250-ED.jpg

Kurt
Kurt Artinger
Belleville IL
(3 posts)

10/09/2012 10:01AM

Main British Car:
1960 Daimler SP 250 2.5 twin turbo hemi V8

Re: Daimler sp250
Posted by: Kurt
Date: October 15, 2012 12:58PM

Hi Curtis, I have the 9" already cut to the proper length, it may be an issue going forward but I had the 3:88 gears for a 9" so that's why I went that way. Were adding some weight to the front with the turbos and plumbing so I am hoping to balance it out.
Thanks so much for the comment!
The pictures of the SP look cool, a lot of carbueration!
Kurt

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.