The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4576 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Getting LinkedIn with BritishV8
Posted by: Moderator
Date: December 26, 2012 04:22PM

My arm has been twisted, and I've been persuaded I should stop ignoring modern "Social Media" and wishing it away. I don't know how many people have suggested I start a LinkedIn networking group. Finally, I see the light. I think a networking group really might be valuable to a lot of friends and associates and it might even help my own career. In a nutshell, LinkedIn makes it very convenient for you to vouch for someone's credibility and capabilities. The time is right, and it's the right thing to do. Without further ado...

YOU ARE INVITED TO JOIN!

Group name: "BritishV8"

Page: [www.linkedin.com]

Logo: BritishV8Enthusiasts.jpg (Members may choose whether this appears in their personal profiles.)

Summary statement:
Quote:
The BritishV8 LinkedIn group facilitates networking between professionals and enthusiasts in fields related to the improvement of British sports cars.

Description statement:
Quote:
Starting from a simple idea - "big engine, little car" - we've built one of the fastest growing and most fun sectors of the old car hobby. For years, we've had a great website and an active message board of our own. Now, through LinkedIn we'll have improved tools for helping each other develop professionally, discover employment and career opportunities, and grow our businesses.

Membership: "members only" (at least for the time being. It was the default setting, and I thought it might possibly deter spam. Don't fret. If you're a BritishV8 message board member, your networking group membership is assured. Just request it.)

Your thoughts? I'm very much a newbie in all things LinkedIn, but I'm sure there are some very experienced LinkedIn users here. Please don't hesitate to step forward with tips and suggestions so we all might get the most out of LinkedIn resources.

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4576 posts)

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: Getting LinkedIn with BritishV8
Date: December 27, 2012 02:11AM

wow - we're up to nine members already!

lars49
Larry Barnes
Colorado Springs
(177 posts)

06/11/2009 02:12PM

Main British Car:
1980 MGB GM LA1 3400 V6

authors avatar
Posted by: lars49
Date: December 30, 2012 08:43PM

What is really interesting is seeing the diverse backgrounds of the folks that have linked to the group.

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4576 posts)

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Date: December 31, 2012 12:36PM

I was thinking about that too!

This message board has over 2800 registered members and I plan to shoot out a mass invitation to all of them to join the networking group. I'll be very interested to see how that pans out... but first I guess I need to post a few articles and/or wait for a discussion to get started in the new group section so the potential for networking will be more evident.

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4576 posts)

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Date: January 15, 2013 03:58PM

We're up to 52 members now, and there are three discussion threads going!

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4576 posts)

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Date: March 14, 2013 01:19PM

Milestone reached: one hundred members!

If you have or aspire to have any business or employment interest related to modified British sports cars, this forum is perfect for you. Why not join us today?

mgbazza
Barrie Egerton
Sydney Australia
(24 posts)

01/20/2009 07:40AM

Main British Car:
1978 MGB GT Rover 3.5

Posted by: mgbazza
Date: April 06, 2013 10:42PM

I've had a few requests from various people to join Linkedin but thought it was a phishing scam. " Oh me of little faith". Barrie E

RobertE
Robert Edgeworth

(77 posts)

02/19/2008 08:27AM

Main British Car:

Posted by: RobertE
Date: April 14, 2013 02:25PM

Good reason to make an account. Been needing to for career
opportunities upon graduation from eng. school. Maybe someone
on BritishV8 will be hiring(ya never know!).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.