The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

lars49
Larry Barnes
Colorado Springs
(177 posts)

06/11/2009 02:12PM

Main British Car:
1980 MGB GM LA1 3400 V6

authors avatar
Google Search Bar - Redux
Posted by: lars49
Date: April 11, 2013 05:17PM

Curtis,

I've been doing a bit more investigation of the issues that I am seeing with the new implementation of the the Google Search Bar.

Yes, javascript is enabled. I wouldn't be able to do any of my own web site development without it. The browser is Firefox ESR (Enterprise Edition) Ver 17.0.5. I am not having this issue with IE, Opera, Safari, or Chrome.

I see the search bar most of the time but am having an issue in the forums section. I have gone through every tab on the site and every sub-menu. The tabs and the sub-menus in Home, Magazine, Photo Galleries, Meetings, and Contact look like what is seen in the upper image of my attached jpg.

When I get to the Web Forums tab, things begin to change. The Web Forum tab and and the sub-menu items a look like the second image of my attached jpg. The one exception is Project Journals, which looks like the last image in my attached jpg.

I've looked at the code on these pages using Firebug and found that in all instances where the search bar is working, that the DIV with an ID of topsearch has an underlying form with a target of "_top". On those pages where the search bar is not working this underlying form is not present.

Hope this helps.

BV8.jpg

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.