The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

rficalora
Rob Ficalora
Willis, TX
(2764 posts)

10/24/2007 02:46PM

Main British Car:
'76 MGB w/CB front, Sebring rear, early metal dash Ford 302

authors avatar
Anyone been to a "PowerCruise"
Posted by: rficalora
Date: April 26, 2013 03:24PM

Not the same as Hot Rod's Power Tour. Looks like started in Australia & in the US now too. Thought it'd be fun till I watched the video. Maybe I'm a wimp, but watching the cars on the track... semi-congested at times... with no helmets & passengers (even in the back seat)... looks like a disaster waiting to happen to me.

[www.powercruise.com]

Video from about 2:15 to about the 4:000 mark shows the track time... [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2013 03:25PM by rficalora.

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: Anyone been to a "PowerCruise"
Posted by: Moderator
Date: April 26, 2013 04:50PM

Quote:
So what can you do at Powercruise USA? What makes it so different from other car shows? For starters, we're not that interested in seeing cars sit in one spot all weekend being judged by old guys with clipboards; we want to see them out on the track, peeling off big burnouts for the crowd, doing what they were built to do!

It's not really my thing... but I could imagine it being a good venue for RoadMaster.

v869tr6
Ed Olson

(81 posts)

10/25/2007 09:54PM

Main British Car:
69 TR6 487 CI Pontiac

Re: Anyone been to a "PowerCruise"
Posted by: v869tr6
Date: April 26, 2013 06:54PM

First year at BIR there was around 130 cars and was a blast, heres a video of my TR6 on the road course, we were going quite fast a few times but it doesn't look like it in the video. Plus my car is more set up for drag racing and I only had street radials on so it spun a bunch.
[www.youtube.com]

Powerskid, should have put sticky tires on so they would have smoked a bunch more, about 160 MPH wheel speed.
[www.youtube.com]

2nd year had around 350 cars and still was a blast. Took my stock TR6 with Richard Good suspension and still had a blast.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.