The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

lars49
Larry Barnes
Colorado Springs
(177 posts)

06/11/2009 02:12PM

Main British Car:
1980 MGB GM LA1 3400 V6

authors avatar
BritishV8 2014 - Colo State Patrol track info
Posted by: lars49
Date: July 12, 2013 12:50PM

Here the response from the Colo State Patrol regarding track rental:

Our track is available to rent from outside entities. For your club, the cost would be $1,000 for 8 hours. Anything over 8 hours is another $1,000. You will need to provide a minimum million dollar insurance policy that covers your people, the CSP and the CSP track. You will need to sign an agreement that basically states the rules of renting and operating on the track. Every person will need to sign a waiver of liability that we will provide.

The availability all depends on the law enforcement agencies using the track. The Colorado State Patrol has first priority and we reserve the right to cancel anybody using the track, if we have a last minute need. The Law Enforcement agencies have second priority and then the civilian clubs can schedule. I can usually work the schedule to get you guys on the track but that is after all Law Enforcement agencies have scheduled. I hope that makes sense.

I will not have the 2014 schedule ready until closer to the end of the year so I can not project what is going to happen. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2013 12:51PM by lars49.

mowog1
Rick Ingram
Central Illinois
(1523 posts)

10/17/2007 09:36PM

Main British Car:
1974.5 MGB/GT 3.9l Rover

authors avatar
Re: BritishV8 2014 - Colo State Patrol track info
Posted by: mowog1
Date: July 12, 2013 04:28PM

What are the safety requirements for the cars (ie - rollbars, etc?)

You will want to check with WellsFargo, etc, as to the cost of an insurance policy for the day.

My guess is $1000 to $2000 premium.

Eight hours is LONG time....will they do a four hour rental?,

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4577 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Posted by: Moderator
Date: July 12, 2013 06:50PM

I'm encouraged! There will be issues to work out, but we've got a year to come up with solutions. I think we put fourteen cars on track last month, with about seventeen different drivers. Wasn't our cost $80 per car? We had the track for an afternoon, but we actually shared that time with a motorcycle club. That worked out pretty well. Similarly, we might find a local club to share the state patrol track with. If we find the right partner/organization, it might even be possible to get onto an existing insurance policy. Just hypothetically... how many of you guys would be willing to pay for a little professional driving instruction? (I imagine the instructor probably already has an insurance policy...)

lars49
Larry Barnes
Colorado Springs
(177 posts)

06/11/2009 02:12PM

Main British Car:
1980 MGB GM LA1 3400 V6

authors avatar
Posted by: lars49
Date: July 12, 2013 07:30PM

Looking over the response I got from the State Patrol, I wonder what " the rules of renting and operating on the track" are. I need to get clarification.

Rick, they also rent the track out to school districts' DE programs, so there may be some flexibility regarding roll bars etc. I just need to find out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2013 07:32PM by lars49.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.