The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

roverman
Art Gertz
Winchester, CA.
(3188 posts)

04/24/2009 11:02AM

Main British Car:
74' Jensen Healy, 79 Huff. GT 1, 74 MGB Lotus 907,2L

Two Icons have passed.
Posted by: roverman
Date: December 30, 2013 01:57PM

Stuart Hilborn of Hilborn Injection and Andy Granatelli. Pleasant journeys gentlemen. Happy New Years-All, roverman.

MGBV8
Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN
(4512 posts)

10/23/2007 11:32PM

Main British Car:
1979 MGB Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: Two Icons have passed.
Posted by: MGBV8
Date: December 31, 2013 08:13PM

Sad to hear. I remember both those names. Wish them well in their next adventure.

Preform Resources
Dave Craddock
Redford,Michigan
(359 posts)

12/20/2008 05:46PM

Main British Car:
72 MGB V6 3.4

Posted by: Preform Resources
Date: January 06, 2014 12:37PM

At the PRI show this year there was a gentleman with a Lencki six indy car motor form the late 30s early 40s He acquired the entire Joe Lencki collection of parts patterns etc and it had a Hilborn injection unit on it, one of THREE castings ever made when he inquired at Hilborn , Stu's son didn't have a clue to it's origin,,,,, in comes Stuart and says oh yeah I remember making those for Joe ! (short term memory loss here on my part) don't remember if he had a casting on a shelf some where or the patterns, I thought it was a great story about some interesting history, being an old fart , I love to hear tales about the guys who were pioneering this stuff when I was younger.
Dave
Just googled up Lencki six and found this pic, Corky Coker funded this project, the man I talked to was on the right in this pic.
Lencki six.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2014 12:50PM by Preform Resources.

roverman
Art Gertz
Winchester, CA.
(3188 posts)

04/24/2009 11:02AM

Main British Car:
74' Jensen Healy, 79 Huff. GT 1, 74 MGB Lotus 907,2L

Posted by: roverman
Date: January 06, 2014 04:22PM

I find it rewarding to ponder, how true pioneers of speed, such as these two, advanced racing and non-oem developement. I suspect in no small way, we can appreciate funding from the USAF, to Chrysler, for the design/building of a more powerful piston engine/hemi, for American/ally planes,(the jet was a separate program). After WWII, Crysler used part of this tech., to create the first passenger car hemi. Top fuel and alcohol racing, found a well suited home, for this design. Cheers, roverman.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.