The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

MGBV8
Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN
(4512 posts)

10/23/2007 11:32PM

Main British Car:
1979 MGB Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: Bill Young - the Lumberjack - (Rest In Peace)
Posted by: MGBV8
Date: March 16, 2014 05:52PM

Quote:
Post done to obit

Same here.

Our lives are richer for having gotten to know Bill & spend time with him over the years. I'm so happy that he was able to stay well long enough to host the Omaha Meet. He spent much time, effort & money to insure that we had a great time. As I told others, it meant a lot to him to host a fantastic British V8 Meet for us.

There will be a large void in future events without our big, smilin' Lumberjack.

63BlueMGB
Nick B
Kansas City, Mo.
(96 posts)

01/16/2011 05:17PM

Main British Car:
1963 MGB

authors avatar
Posted by: 63BlueMGB
Date: March 16, 2014 09:36PM

To revisit what PJ and Curtis wrote:

I received this PM from Bill Young as I was starting my build. I never got a chance to meet him in person and never a chance to thank him personally for the warm and inviting welcome. I sadded to hear about losing him to the V8 community, He is someone who we could all learn something from, His Character is attest to who this man was. It always seems the good ones are taken too soon. I am posting what Bill PM me, it is an example we as a community should all live by and as a community we should all reach back to one and another. I am sadded that I never got that chance.

"I've seen your posts and keep wondering who you are. I thought I knew all the folks in the KC British car scene but I guess not. We have a good group of guys here with conversions but always want to meet new folks that like high performance British cars. I'm Bill Young from south KC, MO. I've been active in the KC British car scend for the past 16 years or so I belong to the KCMG Car Club, the Midwest MGA club, have been a member of the KC All British Car and Cycle show committee for 14 years or so, and also a member of this group of fanatics! I have a V6 powered MG Midget, an inline 6 powered MGA under construction, a 73 Lotus Europa, and just aquired a glass MG TD body for a future project. Only the Lotus is basically original, the rest are or will be hot rods. I'd like to meet you, buy you a beer or something some day and talk cars."

Phillip G
Phillip Leonard
Kansas City
(395 posts)

02/03/2008 04:12PM

Main British Car:
1992 MG RV8 Rover 3.5

Posted by: Phillip G
Date: March 18, 2014 08:19PM

Goodnight, Bill,

I'm going to really miss you.

Everyone that met you are really going to miss you.

All the great mods we made together on my race car were very difficult improvements that you made possible. Suddenly appearing - with a new set of scales - you, out-of-the-blue, transformed the balance of the car.

No way I can ever say thank you enough for getting to work with you on the many mods we made together on the RV8.

keep them on the track,

phillip g

mowog1
Rick Ingram
Central Illinois
(1523 posts)

10/17/2007 09:36PM

Main British Car:
1974.5 MGB/GT 3.9l Rover

authors avatar
Posted by: mowog1
Date: March 21, 2014 11:18AM

Bill's memorial service will be held on Saturday, May 17th.

Time and place (inthe Kansas City area) to be announced .

Save the date!
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.