The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

DiDueColpi
Fred Key
West coast - Canada
(1365 posts)

05/14/2010 03:06AM

Main British Car:
I really thought that I'd be an action figure by now!

authors avatar
Not a V8 thing but.......
Posted by: DiDueColpi
Date: May 29, 2015 03:25AM

Its no secret that the lovely Lynne doesn't like me riding bikes.
But my Ducati and the old NSU aren't going anywhere.
And while I understand her concern for my safety its hard to ignore the thrill of road on two wheels. (insert flowers, weekends alone, a new kitchen,OMG that was costly! and flowers. here)
So logically I just came across an MV Agusta F4. What an incredible machine!!
I had no choice but to buy it. It is absolute Art. I really wouldn't even care if it ran. But it does and it sounds insane!
I've had it out twice now and its hard to describe, My Ducati fits perfectly and does everything that I ask. The MV feels like I was born on it! The price to pay is the ride will wear you out quickly. The good part is you can park it and just look at it. Every piece of the machine is hand made and it shows.
I'm enamored with the thing, But I'm sure that others have their favorites
So whats happening out there.

Live like you mean it
Fred

BlownMGB-V8
Jim Blackwood
9406 Gunpowder Rd., Florence, KY 41042
(6469 posts)

10/23/2007 12:59PM

Main British Car:
1971 MGB Blown,Injected,Intercooled Buick 340/AA80E/JagIRS

authors avatar
Re: Not a V8 thing but.......
Posted by: BlownMGB-V8
Date: May 29, 2015 11:17AM

Edith would skin me alive! I'm just sayin...
But really, I'd no sooner own that bike than, well it's hard to come up with anything to properly compare it with. A Williams FW21 maybe? I'd just have totally no use for it even if it is an ultra-cool piece of equipment. Doesn't match my riding style.

Not that I'm considered any safer by the women's league. I just happen to be oriented more towards the Enduro/dual-sport world.

But I'm sure Lynne knows quite well that you aren't going to be content to just sit and look at it. So what's next? Mann perhaps?

Jim

mgbreis
Ryan Reis
Beatrice, NE
(203 posts)

07/16/2008 11:07AM

Main British Car:

Posted by: mgbreis
Date: May 29, 2015 04:53PM

I used to have a sweet bike in my younger days... it was a "hard tail" minibike with a 5hp briggs and a centrifugal clutch. It would really hum once you got it wound out!

JWD
Jim Durham
Gig Harbor, Wa.
(103 posts)

01/22/2013 11:43AM

Main British Car:
1980 MGB Ford 302 (398.9 HP, 383.2 TQ)

Posted by: JWD
Date: May 29, 2015 08:08PM

I used to ride bikes a lot in my younger years. Then I became a firefighter and went to my first fatality involving a bike. I sold mine and haven't been on one since. That was 1980. In the next 30+ years before I retired, I responded to many of the same. With today's distracted drivers everywhere, I couldn't imagine riding a bike in traffic. 3 blocks from my house, a guy was sitting on his bike at a red light. The car behind him was distracted, didn't see the light and hit him at 40 MPH. Fatality. Riding used to be fun but I'd be too paranoid to enjoy riding now.

mgbman
Marshall de Leon
Salem, Oregon
(54 posts)

01/15/2014 11:43PM

Main British Car:
Mark 2 Jaguar Chevrolet 350

Posted by: mgbman
Date: May 29, 2015 08:14PM

Jim,
I hear you-- I had a Kawasaki 900 when they first came out but could not even imagine riding in today's traffic with the concentration of drivers.......
But, Fred.......you surely know how to tease! What a beautiful machine!

BlownMGB-V8
Jim Blackwood
9406 Gunpowder Rd., Florence, KY 41042
(6469 posts)

10/23/2007 12:59PM

Main British Car:
1971 MGB Blown,Injected,Intercooled Buick 340/AA80E/JagIRS

authors avatar
Posted by: BlownMGB-V8
Date: May 30, 2015 08:35AM

"I'll tell you what it does take, it takes a clear mind." "You mean it takes a clear mind to take it, or a clear mind not to take it?" "I takes a clear mind to MAKE it!"

No wait, what I meant to say is, it takes a strong dose of paranoia. Alert every microsecond, aware of everything every driver is doing around you and ready, willing and able to leap in any direction the instant it is needed. Which is why I ride an Enduro. With full-on knobbies of course.

Jim

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2015 09:39AM by BlownMGB-V8.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.