The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

kstevusa
kelly stevenson
Southern Middle Tennessee
(985 posts)

10/25/2007 09:37AM

Main British Car:
2003 Jaguar XK8 Coupe 4.2L DOHC/ VVT / 6sp. AT

authors avatar
Bond, Aston Martins and Spectre?
Posted by: kstevusa
Date: November 16, 2015 07:37PM

Who has seen the new Bond movie? What did you think of it and how about the DB 5 & DB 10? I must admit I kinda choke up when I see the DB 5 since it was such an iconic part of my entire James Bond Experience. The DB 10 was cool and kinda like the Vanquish in an earlier movie. Just can't replace the DB 5 as "THE BOND CAR". In Skyfall & Spectre, it was the star as far as I'm concerned. The movie Spectre fell a bit short when compared to Skyfall, but still a excellent viewing. BTY, did anyone notice the lines of the DB 10 were similar to XK8's :-) What do you guys think?

RMO 699F
Mike Maloney
SW Ohio
(531 posts)

12/09/2007 12:28PM

Main British Car:
1974 MGB Sebring GT, 3.9 Rover V8

authors avatar
Re: Bond, Aston Martins and Spectre?
Posted by: RMO 699F
Date: November 16, 2015 07:49PM

Hate to say it, but the only Bond movies I like are the Sean Connery ones...Connery fit the mental image of Bond that I had from reading the books (read all the actual Ian Flemming ones) I think they started focusing on the gimmicks way to much and not the infallible Bond character...I did think George Lazenby did a creditable job in "On her Majesty's Secret Service" I even named my daughter after the woman that Bond married in that book...my favorite car was the Sunbeam Alpine in the first movie "Dr. No" I liked the way they did voice over while Connery was driving up that mountain road...just an old guy perspective

Footnote: Connery was a great actor, one of my favorites...but also was the real deal...Connery was having dinner with actress Lana Turner during a period when Lana Turner was being harassed by Los Angles gangster Johnny Stomanato, Stompanato pulled a knife on Connery,...Connery took the knife away from Stompanato and then knocked him out...I also think he was the boxing champion of his ship while he was in the Navy...every Bond film I saw him in...I guess I reflected back on what a true bad ass hero he could be...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2015 09:49PM by RMO 699F.

lawnvett
PJ Lenihan
Winston-Salem, NC
(477 posts)

04/29/2009 11:37AM

Main British Car:
74 MGB-GT 3.4 V-6 crate, 5 spd

Posted by: lawnvett
Date: November 19, 2015 06:34PM

I liked Spectre but it did fall a bit short in a few ways. the DB10 was good-looking but it was in a small amount of time. I watched a Jay Leno episode in which Jay drove one of the ten cars built for the movie. Several of them were destroyed during the making of the film.

I'll never forget the erection from watching Useala in that bikini in Dr NO

RMO 699F
Mike Maloney
SW Ohio
(531 posts)

Main British Car:

authors avatar
Date: November 19, 2015 09:13PM

Ah yes PJ...otherwise known as Honey Ryder...they had to tie me down to the theatre seat to keep me from from assaulting the screen...

kstevusa
kelly stevenson
Southern Middle Tennessee
(985 posts)

10/25/2007 09:37AM

Main British Car:
2003 Jaguar XK8 Coupe 4.2L DOHC/ VVT / 6sp. AT

authors avatar
Posted by: kstevusa
Date: November 20, 2015 07:29AM

You guys CALM down, we can't stand a lot of excitement at our age :-) . BOND had many beautiful women and great theme music also. P.J, wouldn't one of of those "Wasted Woodies" be strategically useful now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2015 07:30AM by kstevusa.

RMO 699F
Mike Maloney
SW Ohio
(531 posts)

Main British Car:

authors avatar
Date: November 20, 2015 11:10AM

I digress, but stay with me....actor/director John Derek's last three wives were actress's Ursula Andress, Linda Evans, and Bo Derek....I wonder what he had that I don't have? Perhaps looks, money and some other physical attribute?

MGBV8
Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN
(4512 posts)

10/23/2007 11:32PM

Main British Car:
1979 MGB Buick 215

authors avatar
Posted by: MGBV8
Date: November 20, 2015 11:56AM

Count me in with the Sean Connery fans. I liked him in most any movie he did.

My dad went the early Bond movies in the 60s. I was still in grade school, but he took me with him. :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.