The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In

Larry Walker

(2 posts)

04/09/2018 08:34AM

Main British Car:

Importing a Vintage project car
Posted by: LarryWalker
Date: April 26, 2018 06:47AM


I am thinking of importing a vintage Audi 80 GTE (maybe a GTE Quattro). I have no problem on paying the VRT once the car is in ireland. BUT I want to import a project car that wouldn't be on the road until at least 2018. As I gathered both VRT and NCT is to be done in the first 30 days of arival in to the country.As I said I do not mind to pay the VRT, but how can I pass the NCT if the car will not be roadworthy for at least 2 more years? So my question is: What should I do once the car is in Ireland? Should I register it and declare it off the road?

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

Bitcoin Animation Explainer


Ivor Duarte
Gloucestershire UK
(804 posts)

02/11/2010 04:29AM

Main British Car:
1974 Land Rover Lightweight V8

Re: Importing a Vintage project car
Posted by: 88v8
Date: April 26, 2018 02:39PM

I think you might do better posting this on Rods n Sods
in the Licensing & Legal section.



Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.