The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In
Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 31

rickauto
Richard Griffin

(1 posts)

10/28/2014 03:09PM

Main British Car:

Re: Introduce Yourself Here!
Posted by: rickauto
Date: August 22, 2016 06:23PM

Hi guys, figured id post something while the offer still holds. Ive got a rubber bumper B that I backdated and changed reg to read 71 for legal reasons while I had a shop in Albuquerque. I originally was going to use a olds 215 but changed my mind after i found some 64 buick 300 heads and decided to use a 3.9 rover as suggested by some builders. I used the 300 crank also and some stock ford pistons, cant remember witch ones. used the fuel injection off of a 3.5 rover and the brain, built some headers exiting the fender well and added a t5 ford trany I bought thru summit. A friend helped me modify the rear wheel spacing and shot it Tahiti blue, interior was dolled up and it looks pretty good. Another young friend just getting out of college wanted to write a story on it and try to get it published in a magazine and was able to get it in MG world Sep 2003 center fold. it was then put in retro cars Feb 2004. Both British publications. They appear to place everybody in the US in texas as thats where they claim it lives....lol. Unfortunately it has a blown head gasket at present and has been down for about 3 years while I moved to OKC OK and fixed this short sale house I bought. I plan on fixin it here shortly sense Ive just retired ( again) and have a little more time..I know things have changed sense I built this back in 98 so if anybody has any tips on keeping head gaskets in place let me know plz...by the way most of my parts came from d+d up in Michigan Dan Lagrue, I think his son is running it now.. plz forgive me for my crappy spelling.

rficalora
Rob Ficalora
Willis, TX
(2764 posts)

10/24/2007 02:46PM

Main British Car:
'76 MGB w/CB front, Sebring rear, early metal dash Ford 302

authors avatar
Posted by: rficalora
Date: August 22, 2016 07:59PM

Welcome. Sounds like you'll fit right in!

tibbsy
Peter TIBBS
Kingsteignton DEVON UK
(3 posts)

08/27/2016 04:42AM

Main British Car:
1972 Emerald Green STAG Triumph V8 3l

Posted by: tibbsy
Date: August 27, 2016 05:08AM

Hi iam Peter TIBBS live in the UK now retired and living in a village with my wife I own a 1972 Triumph Stag in original condition with 71000 miles on the clock unfortunately here the weather is our main drawback with owning a sports car or Tourer as the stag is known but we do manage to get out at least once a week to drive over the moors which is a bit remote and makes for nice driving

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2016 05:11AM by tibbsy.

Russ Bellinis
Russ Bellinis

(15 posts)

09/06/2016 02:15AM

Main British Car:

Introducing my self
Posted by: Russ Bellinis
Date: September 06, 2016 02:46AM

I'm Russ Bellinis from Lakewood, Ca. I'm a 70 year old retired transport refrigeration mechanic married to my wife for 45 years. I've been a "gear head" for as long as I can remember. I currently have a 1987 Firebird Trans Am with a 350 tuned port injected engine and 5 speed trans. My wife has a Dodge Caravan, and my daily driver is a Dodge Dakota pick up.

I started "googling" Triumph sports car, particularly the Tr6 and came across this web site. I'm getting fed up with Cali's smog laws, particularly the smog test every 2 years. My wife does not want an older car, but my truck which has a 5 speed has had difficulties with the smog tests the last 2 times. 2 years ago I took it in for a smog test (the truck is "bone stock") the tech put it on the dyno and had to retest 3 or 4 times because the computer hooked to the dyno insisted that the rpms were wrong! The clutch does not slip. I think his dyno was out of calibration, but finally on the 3rd or 4th try it passed. This year it was due for a test again, and I took it to a different shop, but we could not test it at the time because I went in @4:00 pm (rush hour) and the tech said it was impossible to run it hard enough to get the cat warmed up. I needed to bring it back the next day between 10:00 am & 2:00pm in order to be able to get it out on a freeway and run it hard enough to get the cat warmed up enough to do the test!

It finally passed, but I would like to get an older truck (1975 or older) that does not need smog testing. I would also like to get a Triumph Tr6 and swap in the 302 Windsor motor, again 1975 or older so that it does not require a smog test. I don't know if I'll succeed in doing these things, arthritis in my hands is slowing me down now and my wife sees no reason for the two of us to have more than 2 vehicles.

Anyway that is a little bit about me.

RMO 699F
Mike Maloney
SW Ohio
(531 posts)

12/09/2007 12:28PM

Main British Car:
1974 MGB Sebring GT, 3.9 Rover V8

authors avatar
Posted by: RMO 699F
Date: September 06, 2016 05:50PM

Russ...arthritic hands are are a nuisance...but most all jobs can be done with this condition...I find it simply takes a lot longer...

Russ Bellinis
Russ Bellinis

(15 posts)

09/06/2016 02:15AM

Main British Car:

Arthritic hands
Posted by: Russ Bellinis
Date: September 11, 2016 12:07AM

I've started to remove the heads on the Trans Am. So far the arthritis in my hands is little more than a nuisance, but I'm discovering that leaning over a fender to remove stuff is killing my back. Getting old is not for wimps! Being retired there is no hurry to get the car done to sell. It will get done when it gets done and then I'll sell it.

britcars
Phil Ossinger
New Brunswick, Canada
(346 posts)

02/02/2009 07:58PM

Main British Car:
1977 MGB Roadster, Rover 3.5 ADVENTURE BEFORE DEMENTIA!

authors avatar
Re: Arthritic hands
Posted by: britcars
Date: September 11, 2016 04:01PM

Russ and Mike, I know the feeling too! I just joined this group. :-)
Arthritis.jpg

V6TR6
Greg Irvine
Sherwood Park, AB., Canada
(2 posts)

10/27/2016 12:27AM

Main British Car:
1970 TR6 Chevy 3400 V6

Posted by: V6TR6
Date: November 05, 2016 01:28PM

Good Day Folks: Back in the late 70's I owned a '73 TR6 when all my buddies owned American muscle cars. I loved that French Blue TR and drove it for 4 years and eventually sold it when it started to use more oil than gas. I swore I would get another one however that thing called life got in the way, I joined the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and promptly transferred to northern Alberta, Canada. Fast forward to 2015 when the yearning for another sportscar bit me. I am somewhat handy with a wrench however I am by no means a 'gear head' with the expertise that many in this forum appear to have so I was somewhat hesitant to get into a little british car again. While pouring over the Internet I came across Bill Sinclair of British Car Conversions advertising his 1970 TR6 with a Chevy 3400 V6, T5 transmission, disc brakes all round, Mazda seats, and many other interior modifications. Long story short I flew to Kelowna, B.C., Canada and purchased the car with the added bonus I have become friends with Mr. Sinclair who has provided much needed advice on occasion. When I sold my TR in the 70's I kept the shift knob as a souvenir of 'the good old days'. Forty years later it is now installed on the new TR, all is well with the world.
On a personal note, I am 60 years old, retired from police work and live in Canada where we have winter for about 6 months, hence the TR is under cover from October to May.

kstevusa
kelly stevenson
Southern Middle Tennessee
(985 posts)

10/25/2007 09:37AM

Main British Car:
2003 Jaguar XK8 Coupe 4.2L DOHC/ VVT / 6sp. AT

authors avatar
Posted by: kstevusa
Date: November 05, 2016 01:50PM

Welcome Greg. Great to have your aboard AGAIN. Something about the Brit cars keeps people returning to the obsession. You have all winter to think of upgrades for your new toy.

PJPeterson
Richard (PJ) Peterson

(8 posts)

12/14/2016 06:18PM

Main British Car:
1978 MGB 215 Olds

authors avatar
Posted by: PJPeterson
Date: December 14, 2016 06:36PM

Hello All,
Finally, a group that thinks like me. I'm PJ Peterson and the proud owner of a '78 MGB modified with a 215 V8. We will see you in June!
Tail of the Dragon.jpg

MGBV8
Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN
(4511 posts)

10/23/2007 11:32PM

Main British Car:
1979 MGB Buick 215

authors avatar
Posted by: MGBV8
Date: December 14, 2016 06:42PM

Cool. A fellow Dragon Slayer!

Love your Buick portholes.

ShineoutMG
David Huff
Columbus, Ohio
(1 posts)

08/23/2016 04:21PM

Main British Car:
1973 BGT 4.6 Litre Rover V8

Posted by: ShineoutMG
Date: December 15, 2016 11:45AM

Hi Everyone,

My name is David Huff and I'm from Columbus, Ohio. I've been lucky enough to get in touch with Carl, who connected me to this great community of MG enthusiasts. I'm excited to get to know everyone. My father had an MGA in the '60's, so MG's have, in many ways, been a family affair for me. I currently have a white '74 roadster to base spec that I've been enjoying for a couple years now. Since May of 2016, I've been in the process of having a '73 BGT restored from the ground up. When it's all said and done, she should have a 4.6 liter Rover V8, with an LT 77 gearbox. I'm hoping to have cruise control installed, as I'd like to be driving the BGT on a more frequent basis. I'm having my restoration done by Andy A. out of Zanesville, Ohio and as of now, he's just wrapping up the front suspension and steering; paint was completed at the end of October. With a little bit of luck, I'm hoping to have my BGT on the road by Spring/Summer of 2017! BGT or not, I'm hoping to meet many of you at an upcoming meet. Cheers!

MGBV8
Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN
(4511 posts)

10/23/2007 11:32PM

Main British Car:
1979 MGB Buick 215

authors avatar
Posted by: MGBV8
Date: December 15, 2016 12:28PM

Great to see you here, David. It's one big, happy family.

Just wanted to mention that David has met & spent time talking with fellow Ohioan & our great friend, Mike Maloney.

2fordracer
Ronnie Hourigan
Plymouth, IN
(18 posts)

03/07/2010 03:36PM

Main British Car:
1978 MG V8 Midget 302 Ford

authors avatar
Posted by: 2fordracer
Date: January 29, 2017 12:04PM

Hello....My name is Ron Hourigan and I just completed, as for as I know, the only MG Midget V8 conversion I call a Cobra having a 400hp Aluminum head 302 Ford engine with Dual Quads, C4 Automatic, Mustang II Front Suspension, P/S R/P Ford 8.8 3.70 Rear 4-Bar suspension that now has the racers dream of less than .5% front to rear balance which came as a complete surprise...! Now awaiting a slot at the Upholstery shop only. Needless to say, this little beauty is SCARY fast...! I'm 73 and never had any intentions of keeping this project to drive but only to enjoy finishing off my bucket list dream of building one. This beauty is For Sale in the classifieds section and can be viewed as a on going project in the projects section.
MG Cobra 006.JPG
MG Cobra 007.JPG
MG Cobra 016.JPG
MG Cobra 018.JPG

british1
David Cherry
Duncannon Pa
(1 posts)

02/18/2017 08:17AM

Main British Car:
1979 mgb le Rover SD1 3.5 stage 2

Posted by: british1
Date: February 18, 2017 09:47AM

Hi, My name is David and my son is Kyle. We have a 1979 MGB le which we bought from Ebay 2008 was also listed on Britishv8.org. was ready for final assembly, seemed to be a great father son project! So after getting home and getting lots of boxes ,ziploc bags organized, we started. We did lots or research on this site. Not really understanding why someone would spend a great deal of time / money building a great car to their best capability. Then in a seemingly short period of time, be unhappy with what was built. Well we ended up in the same position. After just under 960 hours, we had the car built . Many Saturdays were spent hooking up the trailer to my truck, and taking the B out for another test drive, Then bringing her home in the trailer. So after 3 months of driving , overheating , carb, fuel pump etc, we decided to change a few things around, starting with cooling, but ended up with a D&D stage 2 3.5 engine along with a T5 gearbox and a new radiator. We had/have a great deal of fun in our car. We go to local car shows like Carlisle and VGP Pittsburgh, driving if possible as we have no top. Now we seem to have her sorted . This was a great experience and we learned a lot about these cars and ourselves. The car now runs great and sounds fantastic.And we get a lot of smiles for miles out of her!
We are thinking about bringing her to Va in June any pointers?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2017 01:45PM by british1.

Mickey Richaud
Mickey Richaud
Townsend TN
(198 posts)

08/25/2015 06:36AM

Main British Car:
'03 Jaguar XK8 Jaguar 4.2

Posted by: Mickey Richaud
Date: February 18, 2017 12:34PM

Welcome, David (and Kyle)!

No real pointers from me; only now that you think it's sorted, just enjoy! Hope you can make it to W. Va. - you'll enjoy getting to know the group. Most of us are harmless...

Cheers!
Mickey

Ozbloke
David Wells
Thornton USA
(1 posts)

02/20/2017 10:14PM

Main British Car:
1971 6.6 L SBC

Posted by: Ozbloke
Date: February 20, 2017 11:03PM

Hi there All
I'm Ozbloke
I have a 1971 MGB Powered by a Olds 215 f85 engine
Been putting it together for about two years now and it's so close
I also have a 1975 Lotus Elite with a 1996 FD3S rotary in it.
But had a fuel line pop off the fuel rail and sprayed fuel over the turbo
Catching the car on fire
So once the MGB is. Running on the road
Will start working on the lotus Getting it running again
IMG_0938.GIF

kstevusa
kelly stevenson
Southern Middle Tennessee
(985 posts)

10/25/2007 09:37AM

Main British Car:
2003 Jaguar XK8 Coupe 4.2L DOHC/ VVT / 6sp. AT

authors avatar
Posted by: kstevusa
Date: February 21, 2017 07:32AM

Welcome David, Our Group of misfits are pleased to have you join us. :-)

Moyock13
KEN DECKER
North Carolina
(1 posts)

03/10/2017 02:41PM

Main British Car:
Buick 215

Posted by: Moyock13
Date: March 10, 2017 02:56PM

Afternoon everyone! Ken from North Carolina here.

Just started to collect parts for a build or two. I've collected 2 Buick Hi Compression 215's and am working on a 1968 Rover 215.

My goal is to drop a supercharged 215 in something like a Triumph GT6 or some other hard top coupe.

So, for now I'm looking to find information on supercharging the little 215.

Thangs everyone.

rficalora
Rob Ficalora
Willis, TX
(2764 posts)

10/24/2007 02:46PM

Main British Car:
'76 MGB w/CB front, Sebring rear, early metal dash Ford 302

authors avatar
Posted by: rficalora
Date: March 10, 2017 10:03PM

Ken - welcome! A lot of good info can be found here... [www.britishv8.org].
Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 31

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.