The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In
Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 31

rippy
robert Rippy

(1 posts)

01/21/2008 09:59AM

Main British Car:

Re: Introduce Yourself Here!
Posted by: rippy
Date: January 01, 2009 09:52PM

Hi everyone. Wishing you all a Happy New Year. My name is Wayne Rippy. I live in Summerton, SC and I have always loved British cars. I have a 1974 1/2 rubber bumper MGBGT that I completed this past April. It has an Olds 215 Stroker engine. I plan to attend the V8 Gathering in June in NC. Hope to see a lot of you there. I check the British V8 website daily. Thank you Curtis for a wonderful site and dedication.

Costello
Uwe Höllstern
south germany
(1 posts)

08/24/2008 06:36AM

Main British Car:
MGB V8 Costello 4.6 Rover stage 3

Posted by: Costello
Date: January 02, 2009 12:19PM

Hi to everyone and a happy new Year!

I live in very south of Germany. I own a 1964 MGBV8 Costello since 1996.

My first car, when I was 18 years old, was a 73 MGB.

As a short introduction I send you the link of my little RPI workshop trip some years ago.
RPI Engineering: Costello MGB V8 4.6 Power Upgrade

Regards
Uwe

Costello 1.jpg
Costello 2.jpg

(note: RPI link repaired by Moderator)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2009 12:34PM by Moderator.

spitfire79
wes brown
Schertz, TX
(15 posts)

10/11/2008 03:54PM

Main British Car:
spitfire 80 chevy v6 2.8 looking to place in

Posted by: spitfire79
Date: January 02, 2009 12:51PM

hi
My name is Wes Brown, retired Air Force, at the time i lived in Wichita KS and i had a 79 Spitfire before some lady decided to total it recently. things that i had done to it, was, installed a cup holder in the center dash section, remote control electric bonnet lift, made fiberglass door caps, that were covered in vinly, made a fiberglass storage unit with lid, that fits behind the seats, in that wasted space, Miata seats of course, replace the paper card board glove box with a fiberglass one with locking door, made a fiberglass center console. then covered in vinly.

installed a engine remote starter, so working on the car would be easer then getting in and out of the car to start it, installed under bonnet engine lights so working in the dark without holding a light.

I'm not living in San Antonio, looking for another Spitfire. During the time that i lived in Wichita, KS i had converted a 79 bonnet to the LeMans Style. I still have that which will be going on my new Spit when i find one, i have plans to install power windows, redisigned door panels, and dash. made a motorrized GPS device that will open and close from the top of the dash. (gps removable) Looking to place either a Mazda engine, or small V6. Looking for people who have completed a mazda conversion. everything that i did to the prior Spit will be done to this one, along with electric jacks behind each wheel, removing the gas cap and placing a gas door on the passange side, using a GT6 gas tank. Have also made a third brake lite to fit in the rear trim.edging. Also looking into installing a Q45 LSD as a replacement differential. so many things, and no spit to do it.

also in the process of writing a book to help other make changes to their spit. if you have any question of how i did what i did, just let me know, at spitfireoptions@yahoo.com

so now, im just waiting for that new Spitfire to do these changes to it. HELP

pawp
Richard Carr
Louisa VA
(10 posts)

11/26/2008 12:17PM

Main British Car:
1980 MG B Buick 215

Posted by: pawp
Date: January 02, 2009 07:09PM

Hey Yall,
I'm Richard Carr.
I own a MG restoration shop and am starting my own V6 conversion. Unless I change my mind I'll be putting an '88 4.3 Chevy with a 7004r trans into a 1980 MGB. I am just getting started on the engine part. Let me know if you have any suggestions except don't do it. Lol

Anonymous User

( posts)

12/31/1969 07:00PM

Main British Car:

Posted by: Anonymous User
Date: January 02, 2009 07:11PM

Dear Friends,

Although I am on the prowel for another dream car at the moment, I
have a set of NEW state-issued Hawaii licence plates that look great
on a show car. They are state-stamped '1981' and read
"HEALEY". Photo available on request.
Anyone who wants them can have the pair for
$100.... and I'll handle the shipping.

Dr. John Knoles
john@knoles.com
Cell: 602-692-JOHN

RMO 699F
Mike Maloney
SW Ohio
(531 posts)

12/09/2007 12:28PM

Main British Car:
1974 MGB Sebring GT, 3.9 Rover V8

authors avatar
Posted by: RMO 699F
Date: January 02, 2009 08:29PM

Richard Carr, you have a PM.

MICKBARRATT
MICHAEL BARRATT

(1 posts)

12/21/2008 04:09PM

Main British Car:

Posted by: MICKBARRATT
Date: January 03, 2009 07:02PM

HI EVERYONE MY NAMES MICK BARRATT, I AM 45 AND IM FROM A PLACE CALLED LICHFIELD IN ENGLAND. I CAME ACROSS THIS WEBSITE BY CHANCE AND IT CAUGHT MY INTEREST SO HERE I AM... IVE ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT THERES NOTHING LIKE THE SOUND OF A V8 ENGINE, WHETHER TICKING OVER OR REVVING IN ANGER -- FANTASTIC.. AS A FORMER MECHANIC IVE CONVERTED A FAIR FEW CARS TO V8 SPEC IN MY TIME(MAINLY MGs AND TR7). MY CURRENT CURRENT PROJECT CAR IS A TR7V8 3500(std spec engine so far),AND MY PREVIOUS A MGB GTV8 SEBRING WHICH I REGRET SELLING, HOWEVER MY TR IS A NICE PIECE OF KIT WHICH IM HAPPY WITH.. HERES A COUPLE OF PHOTOS OF MY ABOVE MENTIONED CARS.. IF ANYONE WANTS TO DROP ME AN EMAIL, PLEASE DO....... REGARDS, MICK..................
Image(067).jpg
30122008025.jpg

mgbgtn
Tom Newman

(1 posts)

09/02/2008 03:59PM

Main British Car:

Tom Newman
Posted by: mgbgtn
Date: January 04, 2009 02:53PM

Just a quick note to introduce myself. I have owned British cars & motorcycles for over 20 years & currently own a 1967 MGBGT that I am restoring to stock because the insurance rate for a collecter car over 25 years old is one third the cost! My other British car is a 1975 TR6 powered by a 350 Chev & automatic with the stock rearend & suspention. The car was a parts car that was left from building a stock 1973 TR6.

blueovalblues
Phill Fountain

(6 posts)

01/04/2009 11:22PM

Main British Car:

Posted by: blueovalblues
Date: January 05, 2009 12:53AM

Hello, I have recently aquired a 77 mgb and have high hopes for a sb ford conversion. I would like to build this car to scca specs but I don't have a clue where to start. I am located in Georgia and would like run at braselton (road atlanta) and be as competetive as possible. I have been wasting the last few years fooling around with fiats, this is my first brit and she will be ford powered. I am content with purchasing a fast cars inc. IFS at 3 grand but I dont know what to do about the rear suspesion, I have a mountain of 9 in. fords somewhere. I would like to find a list of must haves to complete the v8 conversion, like type of radiator, headers, trans cross member location, ect. I would like to here input from more experienced v8 'ers, particularly from the 302 guys. Thanks -Phill

chodjinn
Olly Hayter

(1 posts)

12/12/2008 03:21AM

Main British Car:

Posted by: chodjinn
Date: January 05, 2009 04:04AM

Hello & happy new year!

I'm currently building an MGB GT (1970) track car which I aquired about 4 yrs ago. Unfortunately shortly after I bought it I blew both head gaskets (engine was knackered) and bent a few valves, then got shafted for about $5k on the new engine when the builder did a runner. I've been picking up the pieces since then (about 3yrs ago) and slowly building it into a beast of an MG.

The current (basic) spec is as follows;

MGB GT 1970, full Sebring kit, ultra light bonnet, heavily modified engine bay
Interior completely stripped, caged, buckets & harnesses. Custom fibreglass hot-rod style dash & centre console etc.
Rover SD1 solid rear axel, shortened, Phantom Grip LSD, 5-stud conversion. Custom 5-stud front hubs, Jaguar XJ 4-pot brakes, Sierra Cosworth rear brakes/Mercedes discs. 16" Compomotive MO lightweight alloys.
Custom pedal box with Wilwood cylinders, custom brake reservoir.
LT77 5-speed gearbox, custom propshaft.
MGB fuel tank modified for EFI, full race-spec fuel system with swirl pot, Holley/Bosch fuel pumps.

Engine:

3.9 litre Rover V8 with Janspeed twin turbo conversion (twin T04B turbos). Stage 3 heads, Group A works sump, TVR Taraka 45mm manifold, 45mm trumpet base, ACT Carbon Fibre plenum, 330cc injectors, Cosworth intercooler, Group A dump valve, Aeroquip fittings, Megasquirt/Megajolt with Accel coil packs, launch control etc, plus a bunch of other parts. Estimated 300bhp/320lbs/ft (any less and I'll be pi$$ed!).

weldoneinc
James Bowler

(3 posts)

12/14/2008 05:58PM

Main British Car:

Posted by: weldoneinc
Date: January 06, 2009 12:43PM

Hello my name is James , I love to build cars mostly sports cars .i am in Richmond Va . I found this sight when my friend Less told me about the article British v8 did about his car .I recently finished an Mgb gtv8 to race in vintage races , or allmost finished , it has an empty motor in it and buisness is slow and i have no money for a motor . but i mostly like building them .
MGBV8 022 promo.jpg
The car is a 69' full roll cage , big brakes , 8" ford rear , racng seat , the front fenders are made from aluminum the rear quarters are steel , the hood is aluminum
MGBV8 025 promo.jpg
the wheels are 8" wide so the fenders are flared.

amatas
Antonio Matas

(1 posts)

12/09/2008 07:51AM

Main British Car:

Posted by: amatas
Date: January 07, 2009 11:48AM

My name is Antonio and I live in Spain.

I am always involved with sports cars and I remember a lot of fun when I drove the Austin Healeys, Triumphs and MGs of my friends. I have a Porsche 944 S2 and I haven't any British V8 project in mind, but I enjoy a lot with the interesting projects showed in your website.

Happy New Year to all

Greylyn
David Stormfield

(1 posts)

12/16/2008 10:55AM

Main British Car:

Posted by: Greylyn
Date: January 10, 2009 10:47AM

Hi everyone, Dave here
I have owned many good British sports cars over the past years (Tiger, Alpine, 100/6 Healey, MGB V8) and missing not owning one bought a DUD of Ebay a 1967 MGB It looks great in pictures but will take along time and a lot of work before its a good car again.
Excellent British car web forum
1967 MGB.jpg

DonGTV8
Don W.

(1 posts)

01/12/2009 07:51PM

Main British Car:

Posted by: DonGTV8
Date: January 12, 2009 07:53PM

Hello to everyone.

I live in Australia. I own a 1974 Chrome Bumper MGBGTV8 and a 1958 MGA.

I visit this site to see what things are being done to improve the cars. My V8 has had a few modifications I'll be glad to discuss if anyone is interested. It has a Costello 5 speed gearbox. Hoyle front spring conversion. Doug Jackson rear suspension kit. 4.3 stroker kit.

I've been looking at a hot wire injection conversion but still saving the pennies.

Happy new year!

Regards
Don

BlownMGB-V8
Jim Blackwood
9406 Gunpowder Rd., Florence, KY 41042
(6468 posts)

10/23/2007 12:59PM

Main British Car:
1971 MGB Blown,Injected,Intercooled Buick 340/AA80E/JagIRS

authors avatar
Posted by: BlownMGB-V8
Date: January 12, 2009 10:16PM

Don, we've not seen much on the Costello tranny, could you give us your impressions of it please?

Jim

Biggles
Dave Jennings

(5 posts)

04/23/2008 02:41PM

Main British Car:
1971 Triumph Spitfire 1500cc

Intro
Posted by: Biggles
Date: January 13, 2009 12:03PM

Hi all,
my name is Dave Jennings.I stumbled upon your site whilst looking for upgrades for my 1971 MKIV Spitfire.
What a fantastic site you have I can spend way to much time just looking at your members cars and reading all
about the upgrades that have been done.
As I said I drive a 1971 Spit usually wearing my flying jacket and with the roof down,hence why my friends call me 'Biggles' I run a standard 1500 engine but am looking to put in a six pot GT6 engine.Also looking to run on motorbike carbs so if anyone has any info on that paticular project I would love to here from you.
Must dash chaps
Biggles

bryced1
bryce dryden

(6 posts)

01/10/2009 02:40PM

Main British Car:

Posted by: bryced1
Date: January 13, 2009 03:31PM

Hey all, my name is bryce, i live in chesapeake, va and am starting my first birtish car project. im doing what seems to be the usual with a 215. ive got the motor and trans, just gotta find the right car now.

this site seems to be the most informative, friendly, and most organized of all british car sites ive seen (and most automotive forums in general).

see yall around!!!

SpuriousV8
Jim Brucato

(18 posts)

01/13/2009 10:34PM

Main British Car:
1980 MGB 3.5 Rover

authors avatar
Posted by: SpuriousV8
Date: January 13, 2009 10:46PM

Howdy All, I finally found my way to BritishV8.org. My name is Jim Brucato, I have been around awhile now in the MGB V8 world. Some here know me, others will eventually. I drive an older conversion, done in the late 90's. It's a 1980 MGB V8 with a 3.5 Rover. Is this enough of an intro?
2Jim.jpg
This is an OLD Photo, 2000 I believe, at a car show in south Jersey. Won Long Distance award, drove up from Florida :P Gotta win them anyway I can.

mowog1
Rick Ingram
Central Illinois
(1523 posts)

10/17/2007 09:36PM

Main British Car:
1974.5 MGB/GT 3.9l Rover

authors avatar
Posted by: mowog1
Date: January 14, 2009 03:40PM

Is that a Boddington's in your lap?

:)

OregonMGB
Devon Dobek

(5 posts)

12/16/2008 01:02PM

Main British Car:

Posted by: OregonMGB
Date: January 21, 2009 12:29AM

Hi gang, my name is Devon, and I am in Oregon....I've been looking for my first MGB for a few months now...I've loved 'em since i was a kid, and now am finally actively looking for one that i can begin to do some work on. Ideally i am hoping to find something that runs for now, to get me through the summer, and then next winter start doing restoration/engine swap on. I love this site, so many great articles and photos, and everyone seems very eager to lend an opinion, which is great in my book.

If there is anyone in the oregon area, or SW Washington I'd love to hook up sometime and trade ideas etc.
Thanks!
Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 31

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.