The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In
Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 31

roysum
roy summerfield

(2 posts)

01/31/2010 02:56PM

Main British Car:

Good Evening !!
Posted by: roysum
Date: January 02, 2011 03:35PM

Hi Everyone, it's Roy !

Love the info and galleries from BritishV8 and feel I really need to be part of it.

I currently own (2+years) a TVR Chimaera with a Rover (Buick) 4.0ltr V8 ( don't know what that equates to in real dollar money). It's dark metalliic blue with cream / biscuit hide.
Love the car, staggering performance and never fails to exhilerate.

Spent much time on chassis and engine mods.

Happy New Year where ever you are !

Regards, Roy.
at beaulieu.jpg

rickv
Rick Vandenberg
Arvada, Colorado
(13 posts)

12/31/2010 12:26PM

Main British Car:
1972 Triumph TR6 Chevrolet 350

72 TR6 MONSTER
Posted by: rickv
Date: January 02, 2011 05:24PM

Hello to all!
My name is Rick. My TR6 has been in the photo gallery for a few years. I've seen some really cool cars at British V8, a lot of thought and engineering obviously went in to their construction. Mine, well, I smile every time I drive it. 560 H.P., 34" of rear tire, and the Colorado mountains. It took a year to develop a chassis that could endlessly handle the torque. I chose to use easily available tried and true GM components. The frame and suspension is hand made, but the 1 piece front spindles and 13" brakes are astro conversion van from 98. the rear 11 1/2" discs are off the front of a 96 caprice. A tundra master cylinder and metallic pads and it stops on a dime. I am using a subaru legacy column with fingertip controls and the crushable structure intact. See ya!
Rick Vandenberg

Curtis Jacobson
Portland Oregon
(4575 posts)

10/12/2007 02:16AM

Main British Car:
71 MGBGT, Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: Introduce Yourself Here!
Posted by: Moderator
Date: January 02, 2011 11:19PM

Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!

griffinracing
Stephen Jones
Australia
(4 posts)

12/31/2010 07:01AM

Main British Car:
1973 MG Midget (race) 1380cc A series.

Posted by: griffinracing
Date: January 03, 2011 12:23AM

Hi,

I'm Steve from down under. I've been driving an MG since I was 18 (32 years back) and still have and flog that poor MGB. I also race a '73 Midget (pictured)
myf.jpg

I'm Sporting Director for the MG Car Club Hunter Region and compete in Motorkhanas, Hillclimbs and Circuit Racing (and I've even cleaned the cars for the annual Concours).

I love checking on the race cars and getting ideas. Unfortunately I'm a bit of a period mod man. All my MG's (oh I forgot that the wife has a 71 Midget as well) run the original B and A series motors, gearboxes and diffs (though all but the wife's are greatly modified).

I can guarantee that the race Midget has enough performance to wipe the smile off the faces of a lot of highly modified race car drivers. They are very suprised to see a normal induction 'A' series engine under the bonnet.

Keep up the good work,
Jonesy

roysum
roy summerfield

(2 posts)

01/31/2010 02:56PM

Main British Car:

TVR owner from UK
Posted by: roysum
Date: January 03, 2011 04:02PM

Hi Everyone, Happy New Year !!!!!!

Tried this last night, 2nd time lucky, fingers crossed x.

Love these forums and thought it's about time I introduced myself...........

Roy Summerfield and I have owned a 4.0ltr (don't know what that is in counterfeit dollars !) RV8 powered TVR Chimaera for approximately two and half years, and absolutely love it !

I have spent considerable time on bodywork (full respray), chassis and engine.

Chassis has undergone a lot of powder coating and POR 15 application followed by a hardnose two pack chassis treatment.

Last year I took the heads off and did some extensive porting etc matching inlet / exhaust manifolds.

This was complimented by larger ACT induction hose, plenum and 45mm alloy trumpets blended to the inlet manifold. A thermal space was also fitted.

It now runs a full de catted exhaust and tornado chip to suit.

A shorter 3.77:1 diff provides lively low down performance.

Prior to mods a dyno run showed 226 at the flywheel, it's booked in for a re run in March.

Please view the following pictures, I'm one proud owner !................

Future plans are possible forced induction.
at beaulieu.jpg

Spitfire 350
Phil McConnell
Perrysburg, OH (Toledo area)
(257 posts)

01/11/2010 09:19PM

Main British Car:
74 Spitfire 350Chevy

authors avatar
Posted by: Spitfire 350
Date: January 05, 2011 11:51AM

Hello Rick,
The "TR6 Monster" looks awsome! I also had my car on the site for several years before becoming active with the organization. I can tell you that the 2010 meet was the most fun event I ever attended in the 14 years my car has been on the road. I suggest attending the 2011 event if possible. Maybe you and Curtis can get a caravan of westen state enthusiasts to travel to Tennesse.

gt40mk1
Pat Cargan
Biggin Hill, Kent, England
(18 posts)

12/30/2010 03:22PM

Main British Car:
1949 Jowett Javelin 318 cu. in. Chrysler

Posted by: gt40mk1
Date: January 08, 2011 04:26PM

Hi Folks,

My name is Pat, from Biggin Hill in England.

I have a '49 Jowett Javelin with a 318 Chrysler V8, Torqueflite and Volvo rear end.

I've also got a GT40 replica, '69 olds 442 and a '70 Norton Commando 750S.

Here's a photo of the Javelin
3.jpg

davidbrereton1969
David Brereton

(6 posts)

01/16/2011 02:10AM

Main British Car:

Posted by: davidbrereton1969
Date: January 16, 2011 02:23AM

HI IM DAVID FROM AUSTRALIA I have two jowett javelins and of corse im going to put a v8 in one of them i seen pics of one in the uk with a rover 3500 in it, and i was very excited as this was my plan i love the idea of a hot rod jowett and they are few and far between ? here at least. its made my juices flow again after i googled v8 jowett javeilin and i found myself here wow great sight

gt40mk1
Pat Cargan
Biggin Hill, Kent, England
(18 posts)

12/30/2010 03:22PM

Main British Car:
1949 Jowett Javelin 318 cu. in. Chrysler

Posted by: gt40mk1
Date: January 17, 2011 03:59PM

Hi David, I have seen the rover v8 one at a show just outside London, and I have to say it looks a bit odd... i think the main problem is the ride height and the wheel size ( 13" and a bit narrow )... if I had my time again with my car, I would make it into a two door and cut about 12" out of the middle... it looks very long know its sitting at a decent ride height. ( see side photo ).

I will take more photos at the weekend under the car etc.

Cheers, Pat.
9.jpg

MARVIN, CT
Marvin Stuart
Preston, CT
(14 posts)

02/10/2011 11:38AM

Main British Car:
'52 MGTD '37 Ford V8-60

Posted by: MARVIN, CT
Date: February 10, 2011 11:57AM

I'm an MG guy. Retired from NAVY (22 years) and shipyard (19 years). Restored a '60 MGA and 2 '52 TDs. The last TD I'm buildind as a hot rod with a Ford flathead v8-60, Ford 3-speed toploader transmission, and 3.9 gears in the rear axle. Runs nice but have been collecting parts to put in a Mustang t5.

BlownMGB-V8
Jim Blackwood
9406 Gunpowder Rd., Florence, KY 41042
(6468 posts)

10/23/2007 12:59PM

Main British Car:
1971 MGB Blown,Injected,Intercooled Buick 340/AA80E/JagIRS

authors avatar
Posted by: BlownMGB-V8
Date: February 11, 2011 08:07AM

Like to see a photo of that, I've always felt that other than the weight, a FHF would make a great engine swap for an MG. Might in fact be a perfect match for an MG SA.

JB

mgman52
Jim Pasquale
Fredonia, New York
(20 posts)

10/04/2009 08:12AM

Main British Car:
1971 MGB GT - 1979 Roadster Buick 215

authors avatar
Posted by: mgman52
Date: February 21, 2011 11:13AM

Hello all!

I have ben driving MG cars for as long as I have been driving. I am 46. My dad had a 1952 TD and a 61 MGA. About 20 years ago I did a V8 conversion (1961 OLDS 215) on my 1971 MGB GT that I bought on my honeymoon trip to South Carolina. I have been driving it ever since and loved every mile.

I also own a 1979 Roadster that is getting very tired so this spring I will be popping the 215 out of the 71 and into the 79 it goes with a little refresh first. I will then begin to build a high performance 5.0L to put into the 79.

The 215 conversion was a great project and with help from Glen Towery with parts, the initial installation went very smooth. The 79 will be a daily driver for my wife. After I finish that I will be coming to all for advice on picking the right motor and parts to do the 5.0 conversion. Thanks in advance to all that will be bothered with my questions. I will be taking photos along the way to document the build.

1976mgb
David Cherry
Dncannon Pa
(1 posts)

11/05/2009 07:18PM

Main British Car:
1979 mgb LE 3500cc rover

Posted by: 1976mgb
Date: February 26, 2011 01:54PM

Hi, my name is David. I / we recently purchased our father /son project of ebay in 2009 was not as advertised as many things are not. But anyway, after near to 1800 hrs we had our project completed,we thought, The car runs strong looks great and is a blast to drive . It currently has a 79 mgb 4 speed .We are looking to obtain a 5 speed box , but do not want to change the tunnel any ideas . will post some photos wen son comes home.

MGBV8
Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN
(4511 posts)

10/23/2007 11:32PM

Main British Car:
1979 MGB Buick 215

authors avatar
Posted by: MGBV8
Date: March 02, 2011 07:42AM

David,

Put an MGB overdrive tranny in it or Dave Headley is making a kit to put a T-5 behind a stock B.

[www.fast-mg.com]

You son is gonna want a V8 to go with the T-5. ;-)

corby1
Todd Price
Alabama
(8 posts)

05/21/2009 11:43PM

Main British Car:
78 mgb rover 3.5 / 74.5 mgbgt 4.0 rover superchar

Posted by: corby1
Date: March 03, 2011 10:49PM

Hey I'm Todd, i have always liked mgb so put 3.5 rover in my 78 B. i'm hooked, if i can only get time too finish my 74.5 gt with 4.0 supercharged from 2003 Rover. the supercharger is(Autorotor supercharger) kit from Rimmer bros. the trans is from a Jag 4 speed with rear end. i haved already shorten it. i'm not a body man but i have a seabring kit to put on. i'll have photo's later. Todd

hotrodtom
Tom Rhodes

(1 posts)

03/11/2011 07:16PM

Main British Car:

Posted by: hotrodtom
Date: March 11, 2011 08:10PM

hi my name is tom got a63 mg need lot body work floor but it ok my not going to be stock (1) I got a 427 tall deck bbc ci 1972 this going out to 632 inch 6 speed 9'' ford this is going to be done in a one car garge i got tool to do anything i want i 60 year old build first motor at 16 doc said no mome working so got the time next love car all my life did drag racing up to 50 y,o, got out everthing sittig watching tv then my son showed me a car on the web a63 mg 454 chevy in it l was in love and hooked found a mg for $50,oo it sitting there i buying parts now got out bbc looking for 6speed pulling everting apart now slow but i got time looking at everbody car got lots good ideal that help i'm one you cann't have to big motor and you cann't go to fast think i try some road race now my son said he can put me on web so pople can watch me build ing the car we see about that latter if i do i send a mot to british v8 here if you would like to talk about my car or your car you can get me a hotrodtom50@yahoo,com all one word thank for the time have fun with your cars no picture at this time get some on latter it hard typing that why i learn to draw picturs try ges them on your web i panit car back inold day was hell good air brush arties year ago think i start do it again boy i watch to much tv forgot what i could do ok that it for now

sarinas_dragons
Kenneth Quitiquit

(5 posts)

03/17/2011 11:40AM

Main British Car:

Posted by: sarinas_dragons
Date: March 17, 2011 01:03PM

Hello, my name is Kenny. My first car was a red, 64 MGB. I was a junior in high school in Gilbert, Arizona in 1976 when while helping a teacher bring supplies from his house to the classroom, I spied the faded red car in his driveway. He said it was his sister's car and she was needing to get rid of it.

I ended up paying $400 for it and my dad and I tore into it- To the garage for the engine-pull; to the machine shop for for a kiss and a hone; new top and the memories continue...

I've been into Toyotas for awhile now. Every time I see an MG, though, I still feel like there's something unfinished.

So today on a regular trip the the local junkyard, I see a rarity- 1970 Rover 3500 and except for the tires and wheels, complete. Once they reach this yard the get to spend about 2 weeks before they are crushed. I felt nervous knowing I know nothing about the marque but I had to make some kind of decision to pass on the parts.

I used to work at one of my dad's small businesses, unloading containers from Great Britain full of Daimler SP250 V8s, E-type salvage, and Lucas and Girling NOS boxes and have always been comfortable with the most obscure parts of common cars. So, I looked around to whom Rover parts might continue to satisfy needs and ended up here, and I thank the forum for its existence.

I'll have a post in the classifieds if any one needs any Rover parts off this car. The engine is intact minus the manifold and carburetor in my possession, I had failed to post about an MG in the yard, too so I will try and relate local parts availability.

I'm no baby or new guy or shop, just another hard-working enthusiast, and for Toyotas last year I sold enough parts for 12 complete auto-to-manual swaps, more than 44 old Supra wheels, lots of replacement suspension parts, ring and pinions, LSDs, and hot-rod parts. I mention this so that there might be something in common with present members here, and it helps me to have a familiarity with how-things-are-done-here. One way I do it is to pay attention to what is missing, what is needed, and let them know where the parts are for their information. I have a lot of parts of my own and don't need any more, but the local yard is a self-service yard with reasonable prices located 5 minutes away. I think and walk and pay attention to the cars. This week I shipped a 77 dash to Maine, and I'm sending one wheel to New York today.

It is great to see the cars here on this forum. It is nice to read about some of the details. Richard Griot is a local businessman and collector and he opens his doors once a month for "Caffeine and Gasoline" and last month they started a 70 McLaren CanAm car. This month it was some Porsche 935 race car he races in Monterey that didn't get started but was displayed. There is much about the old cars and tales that surround them that holds peoples' interest enough to make them get out of bed early on a Saturday just to be with people that do the same...This forum manages to do that everyday- cheers!

2MIDGETS
Marc Judson

(2 posts)

10/27/2007 07:29PM

Main British Car:

Posted by: 2MIDGETS
Date: March 21, 2011 10:14PM

I am semi-retired and living in Los Angeles all my life. I've had about 80 cars since the early 1960's. Most had some hot rod blood infusion. I usually have about 8-10 roadworthy cars at home. Currently 2-76 Midgets, a 71 Stag, 67 VW bus, 67-912, a 65 Karman Ghia, an 89 SC Cougar, a 38 Jag 100SS reproduction, a 68 and 2-69 Barracudas, 65 Chevy PU, a 46 Globe Swift and a handful of enduro and dirt bikes. No "trailer-queens" here, I drive them all!

My dad was a Model A Ford restorer and infected me & my brothers with motor-fever at a young age. I stripped a 31 Ford Victoria to the bare frame and completely restored it when I was 14-15. Previous Anglo-autos have included, Hillman, Sunbeam, Austin and Rover.

I run a family, garage door/gate repair business with my 2 sons. We are in a hundred or so garages and barns each month. Amazing what we see and sometimes bring home. Tomorrow I am picking up an unmolested,red, 63 Plymouth Fury convertible. The beat goes on...
DCPlymouth2.jpg

2MIDGETS
Marc Judson

(2 posts)

10/27/2007 07:29PM

Main British Car:

Posted by: 2MIDGETS
Date: March 21, 2011 10:33PM

Even though me mum emigrated from GB as a wee bit, I still have room in my stable for a bit of American Iron too. If you will be in L.A. (April 11-17, 2011), my club, (Chrysler Performance West) will sponsor it's 25th. annual "Spring Fling" which includes a pre-show track day, coastal cruise, and other events. We usually have a few Jensens and other Chrysler powered British cars. www.CPWclub.com

timbo
Tim McSorley

(3 posts)

01/02/2009 12:12PM

Main British Car:

Posted by: timbo
Date: March 24, 2011 11:07AM

Hello All,
My name is Tim and I live in the foothills of California just east of Sacramento. I own 14 MGB's in various states. I have three that are road worthy at the moment with at least four more to become so. The others are pretty well rusted but who knows? While my current cars are pretty much MG, I have one that I am going to put a 1994 Ford Thunderbird 4.6 fuel injected V8 into. I intend to strap on a T-5 with the narrowed but otherwise stock rear end. Should scoot right along. Just for information, I have plenty MGB parts that I am trying to liquidate so give me a call if you are in need.
Happy MG'ing,
Tim
530 409 9926
Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 31

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.