The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Scott Stubblefield
Hillsborough, NC
(16 posts)

01/25/2019 11:53AM

Main British Car:
73 Stag TR 3.0

Re: Another idea for Townsend fall meet
Posted by: tvrgeek
Date: June 06, 2019 05:46AM

Just heard about this while in Va. this week. I was worried it might conflict with Hunt Country ( Oct 13)
It will overlap MGs on the Green in Concord NC, Sept 28.

Let's see, just one more car show, or a bunch of crazy guys and gals. Hmmm. Not a hard choice!

Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN
(3956 posts)

10/23/2007 11:32PM

Main British Car:
1979 MGB, Buick 215

authors avatar
Re: Another idea for Townsend fall meet
Posted by: MGBV8
Date: June 07, 2019 03:43PM

Sent a request to Tn. Valley Falcon Club to determine if this year was a 1 time only or re occurring event in Oct. 1st week end? Will advise if/when reply received. Perhaps it was a 1 time only and we can continue business as usual.

I did some digging on this. They are The Tennessee Valley Falcons Chapter of the Falcon Club of America. Their website is []

These are Regional events & they seem to host them every 2 years. First one was in 2013.

Oct 4-5, 2013 Chattanooga Choo-Choo
Oct 2-3 2015 Talley Ho Townsend, TN
Sept 29-30 2017 Oak Tree Lodge Sevierville, TN
Oct. 4-5 2019 Talley Ho Townsend, TN

So, if we desire to continue, we can likely go back to the 1st weekend in October in 2020 (if that is THE weekend we prefer). In 2021, this may rear its head again.

kelly stevenson
Southern Middle Tennessee
(943 posts)

10/25/2007 09:37AM

Main British Car:
2003 Jaguar XK8 Coupe 4.2L DOHC/ VVT / 6sp. AT

authors avatar
Re: Another idea for Townsend fall meet
Posted by: kstevusa
Date: June 07, 2019 04:09PM

Another option, visit in last week end in Sept and ck it out, if it is suitable change to it. NO Problem. If not acceptable, try to reach agreement with Talley Ho in advance + years. They seem agreeable to this. Let's try Sept this years and decide if we need to consider options? We can discuss at the meet.
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.