The BritishV8 Pub

general notices, announcements, invitations, & social stuff (like meets & car shows)

Go to Thread: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

mowog1
Rick Ingram
Central Illinois
(1523 posts)

10/17/2007 09:36PM

Main British Car:
1974.5 MGB/GT 3.9l Rover

authors avatar
Re: BritishV8 2020 - June 3-7 in St.Louis, MO - EVENT & HOTEL REGISTRATION NOW AVAILABLE!
Posted by: mowog1
Date: April 15, 2020 05:52PM

UPDATE - 4/15/2020

Pete and I (along with the hotel) are still monitoring the situation..

The "Shelter-In-Place" order that Missouri currently has will expire on May 11th. Of course, we do not know if it will be extended or not.

We will know more regarding this at that time.

If we do need to cancel the event, we're not sure this time if we will reschedule later in the year or not. There are a lot of variables that come into play. We will keep all involved in the loop when details become available.

Keep the faith.

Safety/Faster!

mowog1
Rick Ingram
Central Illinois
(1523 posts)

Main British Car:
1974.5 MGB/GT 3.9l Rover

authors avatar
Re: BritishV8 2020 - June 3-7 in St.Louis, MO - EVENT & HOTEL REGISTRATION NOW AVAILABLE!
Date: April 27, 2020 02:05PM

Greetings.

We just received the following from the Museum of Transport.....we will keep you advised on alternatives that we find for our Friday activities.....

"The National Museum of Transportation Board has informed me after being updated by the St. Louis County Executive and after talking with the St. Louis Tourism Board, they have decided to cancel all events for June at the Museum. This includes my facility rentals, my car shows and my group tours. Unfortunately we will not be able to host your British V8-2020 car show & group on June 5th. As of right now, the museum remains closed to the general public and has agreed to due our part in limiting gatherings of large groups should we re-open sometime in June. The St. Louis Tourism Board is pushing for openings in mid July. Many of my convention groups booked for July have already cancelled saying their hotels will not be hosting them. This is such a completely unprecedented time for the world as you well know and as we go through this together we want to do our part in promoting safety & social distancing.

We appreciate you & your group supporting the museum and are so very sorry that we must cancel this event. IF you do end up rescheduling the entire convention for 2021 or beyond, please keep us in mind, we would love to have you all join us during better times. We hope you will keep us in mind for other events." - Julie Lahr

Keep your fingers crossed!

Rick and Pete

mowog1
Rick Ingram
Central Illinois
(1523 posts)

Main British Car:
1974.5 MGB/GT 3.9l Rover

authors avatar
Date: May 04, 2020 12:45PM

Greetings.

As I've stated before, Pete and I have stayed in continual contact with the Sheraton Westport Chalet regarding the status of the BritishV8 2020 in regards to restrictions that the State and City/County may have our participants.....the following is what we received from Nancy Masterson of the Sheraton on Friday:

"Rick and Pete:

Thanks for keeping me in the loop. Here are my thoughts and what I know as of today:

· Missouri is scheduled to open up for Business on Monday 5/4… Good news.

· However, St. Louis and St. Louis County are still under “Safe/Stay at Home order” and will not open up with the rest of the state on Monday. … because our area was hit the hardest with the virus.

· The County Executive is planning to update the situation no later than mid-May if not sooner.

· From what I’m reading, we are 2-3 weeks behind the rest of the state, thus should be open for business by the 25th at the very latest.

· We are cutting it really short and I don’t know how long you want to hang on to make a decision??

· Of course, we are “all in” if we can make it happen for you but at this point you would be able to cancel without penalty under the impossibility clause.

· If that’s your decision, we would love for you to reschedule at another time or another year, but that’s not required.

· With the opening of the state there are still restrictions on gathering and this is going to come in 3 phases. The first phase would last one month ( where we would be during your events) and people still need to be 6 feet apart. We can make that happen out by the cars but I would need to find out what restrictions might be in the hospitality room and also for the dinner.

· Not sure what all of this would look like but I think everyone will need to wear masks wherever you might go in the city??

Let me know your thoughts and we will follow your lead. If you do want to proceed I will start the process of seeing what the restrictions might be.

Thanks so much and have a great weekend.
Cheers, Nancy"

Based on these comments...and the continued unknown status of things in general, we have decided to cancel the event.

Sorry. We are ALL disappointed.

Pete and I appreciate the fact that the Sheraton has released us from our obligations found in our contract, so the event, nor the organizers, nor any of the participants will experience any out-of-pocket losses.

We also appreciate how you ALL stuck with us through this in the hope that we would be able to hold BritishV8 2020 this summer.
The Sheraton will be cancelling each of your personal room reservations and will send a confirmation email to you advising same.

As work has already begun on the printing and embroidery of our regalia items, I will pick these items up from the store and mail them to you.

I will also process event registration refunds...through PayPal if that is how you paid or via check if you used this payment option.
Both the mailing of regalia and the processing of refunds will take place later this month.

BritishV8 2021 will be held hosted by Mike Moor and Jim Miller in Auburn, Indiana from Tuesday, June 1st through Friday, June 4th next year. This is a great venue with a LOT of automotive history and attractions to be found. I know that you will NOT want to miss it. Stay tuned for more information as it becomes available.

We will give thought to holding BritishV8 2022 in St.Louis the following summer. Please give us your thoughts.

Again....sorry for the disappointing news....but we feel it best for all involved.

Safety/Faster!!!

fat-lady_sings.jpg
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.